upgrade Hyd pump

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
First of all, can anyone tell me what the gpm pump i have on an L235 ?

Second, can anyone tell me if I can upgrade to a higher volume pump to increase performance of my FEL

Third, if the answer to two is yes, can someone provide me with a source for a higher volume pump.

Thanks
Jack

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 L245DT w/1700 FEL, 2003 L3130 HST,w/ LA723 loader,,and L2174A snowblower
Hopefully "Vic" will reply. Till then,....on my L245DT the pump went bad, I went with a pump driven off the crankshaft. "Vic" indicated that there was an "upgrade available" for my original pump.
Milo

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
That would be good if there was - I love the little tractor for what I use it for - i just would like to have a little better FEL performance. I hate having to have the tractor wide open to do anything with the loader

GSDGUY

Equipment
L245DT
Sep 7, 2009
Daleville,In
Vic told me that for the l245 the kit was no longer available as a kit. It was in individual parts though, for about 300. Don't know if this will work on yours , but this was done because of slow loader complaints. Keep us posted. eric

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
Well a slow is my complaint as well.
I think I and more than once issue but plan on fixing all at the same time. For starters the power steering leaks (from the column) second,I think I have water in the the hydro fluid. I changed the fluid when I first got the tractor and the performance got a little better. Now after I run this tractor for a while and it heats up the hydro (3pt and FEL) performance deteriorates until I cant pick up a bucket of dirt(even at full throttle)

I wanted to turn the pump up or upgrade to one that has a higher gpm ratting than the stock one.

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
What kind of hydraulic oil in it? Isn't it Super UDT?
Hydraulic filter has been changed too?

And what about the hydraulic Cylinder? Upgrading Pump would solve the problem, but I think you need stronger hydraulic cylinder.

My FEL is too weak too... So I thought I was going to change the cylinder to improve strength of it... Would it?

Joe.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
What kind of hydraulic oil in it? Isn't it Super UDT?
Hydraulic filter has been changed too?

And what about the hydraulic Cylinder? Upgrading Pump would solve the problem, but I think you need stronger hydraulic cylinder.

My FEL is too weak too... So I thought I was going to change the cylinder to improve strength of it... Would it?

Joe.
Hey Joe,
Just a thought but I think Kubota has lower powered cylinders as a marjin of safety to make sure no damage can occur to the structure of the tractor or FEL arms.

The other draw back to adding upgraded cylinders is you would need to upgrade the pump to take advantage of the new cylinders. One thing leads to another and now all the other hydro powered cylinders on the tractor may not be able to handle the new pump. Lots of $$$$$

My thoughts may be wrong, they normally are :cool:

Scott

Joshua Zahn

Equipment
L275
Feb 13, 2010
Elkton, Maryland USA
Capt. Jack,
Have you checked the hydro pressure at the test port beneath the seat? I tested mine there and found it to be too low. If that's the case you may be able to try to shim the relief valve.

Josh

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Capt. Jack,
Have you checked the hydro pressure at the test port beneath the seat? I tested mine there and found it to be too low. If that's the case you may be able to try to shim the relief valve.

Josh

Josh,
See how all your hydro troubleshooting is paying off?

I'm proud of you bro :cool:

Scott

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Hey Joe,
Just a thought but I think Kubota has lower powered cylinders as a marjin of safety to make sure no damage can occur to the structure of the tractor or FEL arms.

The other draw back to adding upgraded cylinders is you would need to upgrade the pump to take advantage of the new cylinders. One thing leads to another and now all the other hydro powered cylinders on the tractor may not be able to handle the new pump. Lots of $$$$Scott
I don't know about the FEL but Electrical breaker switches or fuese has to have 1.6 times capacity...:D
I'm sure FEL has extra margin as you said too~! So mine is right now could lift only a little~ :cool:

my LA302 Loader's spec;
"Lift Capacity at Full Height at Bucket Pivot Pine : 770 lbs (350 kg)"
"Lift Capacity at Full Height (Bucket Center) : 550 lbs (250 kg)"
"Breakout Force : 1120 lbs (508 kg)"

and I noticed bucket's sheet metal is sooooooo thin~ :eek:

I don't really mean that I will do it but I don't mind to try it to make "Mighty mouse Kubota~~~!!!" :D:D:D

Joe.

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
For curiosity sake, I just called Princess auto to ask the question about the cylinder and he was making example of something blah blah~ which I didn't catch all those numbers but on 2" diameter of cylinder could lift 7000 lbs, 2 1/2" will be 12,000 lbs, 3" will be 17,000 lbs... :eek:

Also, he was mentioning watch out for reservoir for starvation. 'cause of bigger size cylinder will take more oils in and out...:cool:

Any how, he said getting one size bigger cylinder could make moving speed a bit slower or will never noticed but it will increase lifting power for sure without upgrading hydraulic pump~!!!
My guess was right~!:D

BUT each cylinder will cost me approx. $200 X 4... It will be about $1000 to upgrade one size up~:cool:

Would it worth it~~???

I actually lift one of my 7' Buler finish mower in FULL THROTTLE.
That was 724 lbs of heavy mama, but it was very shy to lift to load it onto the utility trailer~:cool:

What do you think~???

Joe.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
For curiosity sake, I just called Princess auto to ask the question about the cylinder and he was making example of something blah blah~ which I didn't catch all those numbers but on 2" diameter of cylinder could lift 7000 lbs, 2 1/2" will be 12,000 lbs, 3" will be 17,000 lbs... :eek:

Also, he was mentioning watch out for reservoir for starvation. 'cause of bigger size cylinder will take more oils in and out...:cool:

Any how, he said getting one size bigger cylinder could make moving speed a bit slower or will never noticed but it will increase lifting power for sure without upgrading hydraulic pump~!!!
My guess was right~!:D

BUT each cylinder will cost me approx. $200 X 4... It will be about $1000 to upgrade one size up~:cool:

Would it worth it~~???

I actually lift one of my 7' Buler finish mower in FULL THROTTLE.
That was 724 lbs of heavy mama, but it was very shy to lift to load it onto the utility trailer~:cool:

What do you think~???

Joe.

How will you get one thousand dollars of cylinder in the garage and on the tractor without wife noticing :confused:

Scott

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
my LA302 Loader's spec;
"Lift Capacity at Full Height at Bucket Pivot Pine : 770 lbs (350 kg)"
"Lift Capacity at Full Height (Bucket Center) : 550 lbs (250 kg)"
"Breakout Force : 1120 lbs (508 kg)"QUOTE]

Oh, what is that mean of "Breakout Force"?
Is it talking about Break point? or Cylinder's safety release point~~~???

and Does anyone know about the B7510DT Hydraulic pump's pressure in PSI?

Joe.

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY

Joe.
This is not correct. Once the cylinders are full and bleeding is complete, and you top off your reservoir, the height wont change unless you have leak. When the fluid is exiting one side of the cylinder, it is entering the other side. So the amount of fluid in your hydraulic reservoir will not change. You are using double acting cylinders on your loader, if they were single acting this would not hold true.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
"Breakout Force : 1120 lbs (508 kg)

Oh, what is that mean of "Breakout Force"?
Is it talking about Break point? or Cylinder's safety release point~~~???

and Does anyone know about the B7510DT Hydraulic pump's pressure in PSI?

Joe.
Joe - I think Breakout Force is the max amount of pressure the FEL will exert when initiating the lift.

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
This is not correct. Once the cylinders are full and bleeding is complete, and you top off your reservoir, the height wont change unless you have leak. When the fluid is exiting one side of the cylinder, it is entering the other side. So the amount of fluid in your hydraulic reservoir will not change. You are using double acting cylinders on your loader, if they were single acting this would not hold true.
Yeah~ That makes sense~! Thank you for the information.
But what do you think about upgrading one size up of cylinder~?
Would it be worth it to improve the performance~?

Joe.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
So, actual loader frame are you talking about? or Maybe cylinder~?!

Joe.
My guess is cylinder :confused:
Maybe frame can handle more than that :rolleyes:

By the way, you didn't answer this earlier:
How will you get one thousand dollars of cylinder in the garage and on the tractor without wife noticing :confused:

Scott

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada

Scott
Ha ha ha~~~~~~~ I was laughing to death here~~~

Any how, That is why smart KUBOTA create ORANGE color FANCY paint.
Have you heard the word of "CAMOUFLAGE"~~~???:D:D:D

Since I've made that welding cart, I haven't got caught of my new Lincoln yet~:D

Joe.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Ha ha ha~~~~~~~ I was laughing to death here~~~

Any how, That is why smart KUBOTA create ORANGE color FANCY paint.
Have you heard the word of "CAMOUFLAGE"~~~???:D:D:D

Since I've made that welding cart, I haven't got caught of my new Lincoln yet~:D

Joe.
Well, here is what I think....

When she walks in the garage and see's Joe Speedy Mechanic swapping $$$$$ of cylinder and at the same time realizes there is a new Lincoln :eek:

You will be wishing you had some of that camouflage Kubota Orange Fancy Paint on you :D

Scott