Updating BX25D with ???

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
I have a BX25D with 1000hrs that I am thinking about refreshing.

Why?

I don't want to work on a tractor – this one is getting old.
It’s been worked hard and beat up.

I do not like the single bucket curl cylinder.
I do not like the anemic loader lifting capacity.
I do not like the mower height control.
I want a skid steer style quick connect on loader.
I do not like the loader handle where it is located.
I have a mini and do not need the backhoe.
I want pallet forks that are NOT clamp on or BXpanded.
I want an adjustable steering wheel.
I think my hydro system is starting to get tired.
I want a loader I can remove and then get back on.

Those are the reason for me to upgrade. But I am not sure what to get? I have looked at LS and want to check out a Kioti. I would like to stay with the same size tractor but could afford to go one size bigger. My tractor mission will be greatly reduced from when I first bought the BX, the new mission will be primarily, mower (brush and finish), driveway maintenance, and moving things about when needed.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

All the answer to be had - not the rational why

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
if you stay with 'same size tractor', you're not going to get much more lift capacity, if any, especially going SSQA.
can you split the duties into a dedicated lawn mower and a separate 'road mtce/ hauler' ?? Or is the 'lawn care' now done with 3PH implements ?

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
if you stay with 'same size tractor', you're not going to get much more lift capacity, if any, especially going SSQA.
can you split the duties into a dedicated lawn mower and a separate 'road mtce/ hauler' ?? Or is the 'lawn care' now done with 3PH implements ?
It is my understanding the Kioti has a 1000lb lifting capacity, Better greasing for the loader, and has dual curl cylinders as well. I am not saying its the one, but a thought.

Flienlow

Equipment
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
Hey, I just want to know how your lake side project went. It's good to know you're still tractoring!
Went pretty good. I made the Trail with the BX and we even had an SLV95 and even a 60 size excavator down there for retaining walls. :) Going to pour Concrete on it this spring. It is now used as a path for my sided by side.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have a BX25D with 1000hrs that I am thinking about refreshing.

But I am not sure what to get? I have looked at LS and want to check out a Kioti. I would like to stay with the same size tractor but could afford to go one size bigger.
I started out with a BX and ended up with much bigger tractors, albeit Kubota tractors. I looked at a Kioti a couple of years ago which was a direct competitor to the M7060 and a lot of tractor for the money, but the lack of a proper local dealership put me off that idea. If there was a decent sized dealership near me I might well have bought a Kioti and I think they make good products. TYM makes decent tractors too so you might want to add that brand to your list.

I tend to stick with what I know so it's Kubota for me, but if I can ever afford a mini excavator I would have to take a good look at Takeuchi and Kubota and possibly Yanmar. Kubota provides some engines to Takeuchi.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
A B2601 or an LX2610 would meet all your criteria.

An LS or a Kioti would probably also meet your criteria. The general feel from Kubota people is that those machines are a bit less well supported, a bit less refined, and in some ways are built to flatter the spec sheet rather than real life usage. For example, their loader can often lift quite a bit more weight than their front axle is rated to carry....which sort of takes the point out of having the lift capacity. They can be cheaper, and my father had a large Kioti that he was very happy with - horses for courses.

If it were me, I'd get a B2601 (actually, I did exactly that, I had a BX2650 and I've been very happy with my B2601). But there are plenty of good tractors around. Main thing is to not get a BX sized machine if you have desire for a bit more lift and capability - get the next size up (or one further even) in whatever brand you like. So if you're going Kubota, look at the B2601 or the LX2610.

My view is that the BX is built for a very specific market, and compromised by that. It's built to be the most tractor you can fit into a ride on mower sized machine. And compared to a ride on mower it's brilliant. But it has quite small wheels, single curl cylinder, no position control, two range gearbox, not much ground clearance. All of which are shaped for the target market. The B2601 is basically the same size (length/width), and very slightly more expensive, but the geometry of the 3ph is much better, the loader has two curl cylinders, it has 3 range gearbox and position control. The main problem with it is that you'll never convince your significant other it's just a ride on mower, it's quite clearly a lot larger. The problem you're solving isn't a Kubota problem, it's a market segment problem. You need to get out of that market segment if it doesn't meet your needs.

• Love

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd trade my BX23S for a B2601 with loader,not that I really need either but I could do more, easier with the B2601 for my neighbours. My backhoe's never been off or the 3PH on in 5 years.