type of implements

mpallen2011

Equipment
Kommander z125, MX4800
Mar 25, 2018
columbia South Carolina
I have a MX4800 and love the tractor but looking at getting some new implements. I am curious if anybody has used J Bar/ Agri Supply brands, I have also prices out Bush Hog brand and Land pride but they are high. Looking for some advice or suggestions. Looking at a 6ft box blade, 6ft rake and a post hole digger. Thank you

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Agri-Supply will cost you truck shipping. Better off with TSC brand stuff. I have a TSC post hole digger, works just fine and I had a TSC box blade I sold recently that was also fine and it was behind my M105. Far as choppers go, you get what you pay for and far as I'm concerned Land Pride is tops. I just bought (in the fall), a 96". Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I decided on the EA box blade after looking at everything I could find. It's the beefiest, best built one out there. Pricey, but with free shipping it's not that much more than others, and is more than worth the extra cash if you have it. the J-bar stuff looked clean and put together well, but thinner/lighter stock and had pins instead of the beefier clevis hook up points. The heavier LP options would ;have been my next choice. If you're just going to dress a driveway once or twice a year, any of them will work just fine. In that case save your cash for something else and look for a bargain.

mpallen2011

Equipment
Kommander z125, MX4800
Mar 25, 2018
columbia South Carolina
Yeah im looking at the EA grapple and that's the way im leaning. I just doing clean up on my farm since some parts have over grown so the rake and post hole diggers will get the most work for sure. Thank you for the thoughts

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Look at Hardee or EVH manufacturing in Red Bluff SC due to your location dad and I have the 60” tiger cub and they are great. Almost mow grass as good as a finish mower

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
J-bar brand stuff is light weight and cheap built. I wish they weren't because they're made about 30 miles from me and can be bought cheap. Unless you're wanting to put a implement with a tractor to make it more appealing for a sale stay away from that stuff.

Buy quality implements the first time and most likely you won't ever need to replace it.

mpallen2011

Equipment
Kommander z125, MX4800
Mar 25, 2018
columbia South Carolina
J-bar brand stuff is light weight and cheap built. I wish they weren't because they're made about 30 miles from me and can be bought cheap. Unless you're wanting to put a implement with a tractor to make it more appealing for a sale stay away from that stuff.

Buy quality implements the first time and most likely you won't ever need to replace it.
Thank you for that! I was really worried about that but wanted to know for sure l! I’m planning on saving up and just going with Landpride! I got the grapple and auger!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
See if you have a Modern Ag dealer in your area. A dairy farmer a couple miles from me sell them and they are very well built. Prices seem very good compared to most when you look apples to apples. If you have to leave things out in the weather they really may be worth a look. All their implements are galvanized so no worry about rust.

I know a 15' batwing from him is about $5K cheaper than a Bushhog or Bushwhacker brand.