Two Year Service - HST Oil Line

Breeze

Equipment
L3700, Box Grader, 60" Bush Hog, Rear Grader Blade, York Rake, Boom Pole.
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
I've been doing a 150 hour service on my L3700 which includes all the 150 hour items plus the two year items as that's where I am.

For all the "lines", HST, Intake Air, and Fuel, the service manual has checks at 200 hours but has "Replace" at two year intervals plus, thank you very much, the HST line replacement is listed as a do at the dealer item. Forget that my dealer is 1,200 ocean miles away; would one really replace all these lines every two years?

I checked the repair manual just to take a look at the "HST Line" and there appear to be at least three and all are metal pipes, I'm pretty sure.

Any comments on this?

Thanks...

Breeze

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I spoke to my dealer about this last year and was told lines only need to be changed if there is a problem. My tractor is nine years old with no need to change to date.

Breeze

Equipment
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
RRR:

Thanks for the comment as this was what I was thinking. Service instructions should be "gospel" which is what got me to wondering.

Everything complete on my tractor including cleaning up around all the pins to remove old grease! I looked at it this morning and was so happy to know it's ready for work!

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
RRR:

Thanks for the comment as this was what I was thinking. Service instructions should be "gospel" which is what got me to wondering.

Everything complete on my tractor including cleaning up around all the pins to remove old grease! I looked at it this morning and was so happy to know it's ready for work!
They really should be, but unfortunately they aren't and I have kind of developed my own system though I won't recommend it to others.

I put roughly half the hours on our M8540 as our L5030 and both live in a shed when not in use, so I change the air and cab filters on the M8540 less often than on the L5030. Our BX2660 gets close to what is called for in the manual.

Breeze

Equipment
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
Yes, I guess we all have our own "system".

I dumped the hydraulic oil at 50 hours, just because and will change again at the service interval in the manual at 450. Oil is an annual event and radiator flush, every two years. I also replace fuel and air filters at 24 months and every six or so, check wheel lugs and loader frame bolts for torque.

This is a rough climate for anything mechanical, between road dust, Sahara dust, Volcanic dust, heavy salt concentrations in the air and unrelenting UV given our location 17 degrees N of the Equator. The heads of two hex bolt plugs in the loader valve were "exploding" from rust until I covered them with grease. :cool: