turn buckles

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
For sale, I have the factory turn buckles/stabilizers off my L 3000. I replaced them with telescoping type and no long need the others. Make me a offer. :D

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Bulldog, did you make a set of stabilizers, or buy them? If you bought them, where did you get them?
Mark

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Does everybody think stabilizers are better than turnbuckles?
I kinda like turnbuckles.
John
Turnbuckles are stabilizers, also. The method in which they are adjusted is the issue- and I love the telescoping stabilizers that I made for my tractor. Before, you would have to hook up the lower arms, and then turn and turn until the buckles had taken up the slack. Then, get a wrench and tighten the nuts, so that the buckle doesn't vibrate and loosen up. If it does, the implement sways to the left and right, and the lift arms hit the tires. I can adjust my telescoping stabilizers and put the pins in, in about the time you will take to get the wrench to adjust the nuts.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Bulldog, did you make a set of stabilizers, or buy them? If you bought them, where did you get them?
Mark
I ordered mine from Kubota. This was before the telescoping type were just about standard on the nicer tractors. I found out that the old L 4300 came with them and I ordered a set for that madel. The lift arm are the same length as mine so it was a perfect fit. They were about $250.

As far as the question of do I think telescopic stabilizers are better than turn buckles. Absolutely 110% yes. Of course that's just my opinion though so it really only counts for my liking. The biggest reason for me was the constant adjusting required when implements were changed.

Implement change using turn buckles:

Break jam nuts loose.
Unscrew turn buckles
Get back on tractor
Back in to next implement
To narrow, back off tractor and adjust some more
back on tractor
hook up implement
tighten turn buckles
can't find wrench to tighten jam nuts
walk around scratching head and cussing
find wrench in back pocket and cuss some more and think to yourself I'm a dumb ass
ready to go and customer calls and needs some work done ASAP.
Go back thru above process to put implement back on you just removed

Implement change using Stabilizers:

Pull 2 stabilizer pins and unhook arms
Back up to next implement
hook up implement
install stabilizer pin

I have seen days where I changed implements 5 or 6 times a day. You can make your own mind up but for me I'll go with option 2. Telescopic stabilizers are the way to go.

grimace

Equipment
L3800 and 12 implements. City boy country toy!
Apr 20, 2011
Thief River Falls, MN USA
I use a quick hitch on the following implements...
Tiller
brush mower
Planter
cultivator
finish mower
Box scraper
Grader Scraper
Tandem disc
I only have to adjust the top link.:)

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Phil, Got'em today, There just great!

Kytim

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I have really given my homemade telescoping stabilizers a work out today, and they are holding up well! The more I use them, the more I hate my old turnbuckles. Anybody need a set of turnbuckles from a B7100?:rolleyes:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Hold on to them Hodge. Mine have been in the shed since 02. Kytim sent me a msg the day after I posted needing a set for his 7100. If those don't work for some reason he may want to talk to you.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
He's already messaged me. I have no attachment to them- I have a couple of practice sets of telescoping stabilizers, so if the currents ones don't hold up, I can throw another set on. I have enough still sitting around collecting dust...

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The ones on my 9000 would be easy to copy and make at home. All they are is square tubing that slides in to a bigger outer piece of tubing. The ones on my 3000 have tubing outer and a solid flat stock inner. They both work great.

quinka

Equipment
L245DT with FEL and backhoe, B7100HST
May 6, 2011
Heflin AL
Hodge

Yes, I could sure use the turnbuckles from the B7100 as I have one also and I have quick hitch (I made myself) but still have to adjust the play in the arms so implement doesn't sway either side of tractor.

If you could send them I would surely pay the shipping.

quinka

Frank email newdes@gmail.com