M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Need some help. I'm thinking of adding a grapple to my old L-2600DT, and
I first must add a 3rd function hydraulic line. On my LA450 S2 bucket the
valve has only color on the ports, (red, green, etc). I can't find anything
anywhere on this, Help.
Post some photos to get more help.

On some Kubota's with Joystick FEL there is an electric switch that will run an electric hydraulic valve after you buy and plumb the valve.

A few owners make use of an existing rear remote valve and run hoses to the bucket for the grapple.

Others install an electric diverter valve on the bucket cylinders. Flip the switch and no flow to the bucket cylinders which remain locked in position and now the FEL controls the grapple.

Dave

truddy

Equipment
L2600DT
Jun 10, 2016
Otisville, MI U.S.A.
No, mine faces the front of the tractor on the right side. I think green is the return line. I'm going out to see the dealer next week.
Sorry I took so long to get back, Christmas.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
No, mine faces the front of the tractor on the right side. I think green is the return line. I'm going out to see the dealer next week.
Sorry I took so long to get back, Christmas.
The point you need to grasp is that the FEL valve does not come with ports for a grapple.

This means your options, other than replacing the FEL valve with one with 3 spools. This is the equivalent of installing a third valve beside your existing FEL valve.

You can install a completely independent third spool valve but where to mount it becomes a challenge. The existing hydraulic system may have a power beyond port on the FEL valve and this could be used as the supply for your new grapple valve. The new grapple valve may also have to have a power beyond port if the existing FEL valve does in order to feed things like possibly the 3 pt hitch.

Look at this link to see the type of valve I am talking about and likely your dealer will recommend.

http://www.anbomanufacturing.com/va...scMwhZzcYB1RbWFrQ2i54zSoyD72mzBhoCzYAQAvD_BwE

Dave

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks Dave for the info. I know that I must tap the power beyond port
but the valve is only marked with colors, and no other markings.

Tom
Tom

If your FEL valve only has 6 hoses connected to it, you presently do not have power beyond in the FEL valve body.

On some valves it is possible to add a $30 sleeve or plug and acquire power beyond in the process..

The other option, if you have decided to install a third valve to run the grapple, is to buy that valve with a power beyond feature and then install it ahead of the current FEL valve. The the new valve feeds the existing FEL valve through its power beyond port.

Since this thread started, I have talked to a few people and they all feel that the electric selector valve is the most practical way to go.

The valve is installed on the loader frame near the bucket. The existing bucket hoses connect to the selector valve as do the hoses from the grapple cylinder(s).

A wire run from the cab allows you to quickly and easily switch between the bucket or the grapple.

Dave