Trailering my BX with loader

skanders01

Equipment
BX2370, loader, mower
May 1, 2016
Green Bay, WI, USA
Planning to take my BX across the state to help out a relative. I can borrow a neighbor's trailer, but would have to allow the loader to hang out over the tailgate. Any issue with bouncing the loader around against "up" pressure? Could put a block between the cylinder body and the rod end at the loader to take shock pressure off. I know industry does this for energy lockout during maintenance.

Thanks to all you contributors who answer the questions posed here. I have had my BX2370 for less that a year now and cherish every moment I have to man the helm of it....and to read about all of your escapades and experiences as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would get another trailer my friend ......the bucket hanging over will invite the police and they will give you a ticket. EVEN if you rent one.....it will be so much better to have too much trailer than not enough.

Is it possible to curl the bucket down - cutting edge down @ the front of the trailer?

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I always trailered my previous L3410 with the bucket resting on the trailer floor. I would not consider transporting a tractor with the fel in the air.
My new tractor was delivered with the fel in the air with a 600 lb QA blade on it. I was not happy. I am not familiar with the BX loaders, but if the bucket comes off easy perhaps you could remove it and tie it down to the trailer. Flag the overhanging loader arms... in Maryland anything overhanging by 3' requires a red flag.
Exactly how small and what configuration is this trailer? Single axle? Brakes?

Pap

Equipment
BX2360 G1900
Feb 12, 2015
Middletown, pa
I load my BX2360 with the FEL facing forward. I lift the bucket up, then curl the bucket so the cutting edge is facing down. Then I lower the FEL and the bucket sits in the front edge oof the trailer.

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Legally the bucket needs a strap as well as any implement on the 3 point hitch and 2for the tractor. This info came straight from the Maryland Dot officer running the truck inspection area.
He did go on to say they probably wouldn't ever stop me for just having just the tractor strapped but if an accident happened it would be an issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited: