Trailer Hitch Options on Kubota

LOMartin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC / B77 / FEL / LP Grapple
Jul 14, 2018
Savannah, Georgia
I need to be able to maneuver a few trailers around the yard, and I'm seeing multiple options online.

Whats the smartest way to go?

My tractor setup is a B2650hsdc/Backhoe/FEL

Thanks all.

:::UPDATE:::

I have narrowed it down to two options;

The Titan Trailer Hitch Receiver For Pallet Fork Frame, $80.00

https://www.palletforks.com/trailer-hitch-receiver-for-pallet-fork-frame.html

The Everything Attachment Bradco version of the same, $326.00

https://www.everythingattachments.com/Pallet-Fork-Trailer-Hitch-Receiver-p/pf-trlr-hitch-100899.htm

What I'm I missing here with this wild price difference?

Attachments

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
LOMartin

Here are two options for you...

The first one is a bucket mounted receiver. I've used it in the past and works pretty well (I've seen them for less $ than here). I have used this for pushing my boat (approx 4K lbs with trailer) into it's winter bed.

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Trailer-Receiver-Bobcat-tractor/dp/B00B0OOCBS

The second option is a receiver built into a SSQA frame. I have a set of forks from Titan that has it built on. If you have a SSQA mount, you could add a receiver.

https://www.palletforks.com/titan-skid-steer-42-pallet-fork-trailer-hitch-attachment.html

This method works very well for maneuvering trailers into very tight places since you can see the trailer in front of you. No problem at all with you BH on the rear for ballast.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I need to be able to maneuver a few trailers around the yard, and I'm seeing multiple options online.

Whats the smartest way to go?

My tractor setup is a B2650hsdc/Backhoe/FEL

Thanks all.
If you have the backhoe off - this is simple, bought it a few years back -works well. Many will say dont pull a trailer on the 3-point, due to its ability to raise up when going uphill. I use this type - reach under the hitch with ball, raise ball, and then close the ball safety hook (all this from the seat I might add!)

https://www.amazon.com/Trailer-comp...pID=51dUwX8tZZL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Roswell

Equipment
B2601
Jun 11, 2018
Westport/Milton, MA
Do you have a fork lift for your FEL? Just drill a hole through one of the forks and put trailer balls on there. You could do it with a bucket too but wouldn't be able to see too well.

LOMartin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 14, 2018
Savannah, Georgia
Wow there is such a wealth of knowledge here. It’s amaazing the varying options y’all offered.

One last question. When the backhole is removed.

Is it safe or suggested to place a hitch ball on the drawbar?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Wow there is such a wealth of knowledge here. It’s amaazing the varying options y’all offered.

One last question. When the backhole is removed.

I have a ball on the end of mine and pull an 18ft trailer with it around the yard,just use it for hauling brush and limbs usually.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That's one of the reasons it's there! ;)
But if you want easier hook up and drop off look at a three point trailer hitch setup, one real plus is you don't need to mess with the jack and if your real good, you never have to get off the tractor to move trailers around.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I had a loader in a B8200 and drilled a hole and mounted a ball in the center of the bucket on top where you'd put a hook. I could roll the bucket and put the ball in the trailer tongue, move the trailer and unhook without getting off the tractor.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
That's one of the reasons it's there! ;)
But if you want easier hook up and drop off look at a three point trailer hitch setup, one real plus is you don't need to mess with the jack and if your real good, you never have to get off the tractor to move trailers around.
What I use. I use the lift function to lift the trailer and leave the jack legs down. Less messing around. My issue is when I move my gooseneck I have to be careful that I don't take the upper deck and run it into my cab on a sharp turn.

I used a 3 point round bale spear with a ball welded to the top of the vertical tube because it's what I had already and didn't see the need to buy another implement.

LOMartin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 14, 2018
Savannah, Georgia
What I use. I use the lift function to lift the trailer and leave the jack legs down. Less messing around. My issue is when I move my gooseneck I have to be careful that I don't take the upper deck and run it into my cab on a sharp turn.

I used a 3 point round bale spear with a ball welded to the top of the vertical tube because it's what I had already and didn't see the need to buy another implement.
Great point about the fifth wheel. I was planing this just for my standard trailers. But the horses fifth wheel would also benefit.

Would it not be much easier to maneuver a trailer using the FEL then backing up?

Thanks all, I’m trying to learn from everyone to avoid mistakes

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Would it not be much easier to maneuver a trailer using the FEL then backing up?

Absolutely. Much easier to get them precisely where you want them.

my .02 anyway

LOMartin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 14, 2018
Savannah, Georgia

Attachments

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
:::UPDATE:::

I have narrowed it down to two options;

The Titan Trailer Hitch Receiver For Pallet Fork Frame, $80.00

https://www.palletforks.com/trailer-hitch-receiver-for-pallet-fork-frame.html.

The Everything Attachment Bradco version of the same, $326.00

https://www.everythingattachments.com/Pallet-Fork-Trailer-Hitch-Receiver-p/pf-trlr-hitch-100899.htm

What I'm I missing here with this wild price difference?
You're not missing anything. One uses much better steel and much prettier welds. The other was made in China. However, if you're not a commercial business that was using it everyday (lake hauling boats out of a lake at a marina) I'd just spend the $80 and be happy with it.

I do highly recommend everything attachments, but not at 4X the cost for a 2" receiver. Just wait till you hook up your first trailer with the loader, you'll be amazed at just how much control you have with it.

Best of luck.

Edit: I just noticed that it looks like both of these units are supposed to attach to one side of the SSQA? That, I would not do. Get the titan forks with the receiver already on the mount. You'll be surprised at how frequently you use the forks as well.

Last edited:

LOMartin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 14, 2018
Savannah, Georgia
You're not missing anything. One uses much better steel and much prettier welds. The other was made in China. However, if you're not a commercial business that was using it everyday (lake hauling boats out of a lake at a marina) I'd just spend the $80 and be happy with it.

I do highly recommend everything attachments, but not at 4X the cost for a 2" receiver. Just wait till you hook up your first trailer with the loader, you'll be amazed at just how much control you have with it.

Best of luck.

Edit: I just noticed that it looks like both of these units are supposed to attach to one side of the SSQA? That, I would not do. Get the titan forks with the receiver already on the mount. You'll be surprised at how frequently you use the forks as well.
No, they attached to Fork frame not the SSQA frame.
As I understand by attacking to the Fork Frame, yes a little off center; it will still spread the wight out across the SSQA/lifting arms?

Is the concern of the weight being on one lift arm more then the other or is it having the hitch a little off center?

I appreciate the help and learning from others experiences. trying to buy once cry once. You have the same tractor as I do, so your advise is very valuable.

They also sell a whole plate with a center mount 2" hitch at twice the price.

I already own a set of brand new forks.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Ok. That makes more sense. On first pass, it appeared to me that it only attached to one loader arm. That was my concern.

Since you already have a set of forks, are they SSQA and can you remove the forks? If so, why not find a friend/neighbor with a welder to tack on a 2" receiver bracket? Think of it like a bumper pull receiver mount...

something like this...??? https://www.harborfreight.com/5000-lbs-step-bumper-receiver-69670.html

Cheap and easy if you have access to a welder.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I suppose it could....however, doing it that way would severely limit how much tongue weight you could safely handle....you'd need the ballast in the loader bucket. I certainly would not want to do that. The backhoe makes for almost 1000 lbs of ballast on the rear of a B2650. I'd want the hitch up front.

Just my $.02