Trailer Hitch on BH-92

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I have been trying to come up with an idea of how to put a receiver for a trailer hitch on my BH-92. I need to pull a trailer while having my backhoe on the tractor. I have used the bucket attachment from Titon, and I also bought a quick attach front plate for my ssqa and believe me pushing a trailer is a "BI%#H" for long distance. I can back up ok with it on the rear, but on the front, well, problematic to say the least. Not looking for a permanent attachment, just something I can attach when needed and remove to use the BH. Any thoughts? I don't want to take off the BH and install the 3-PT each time I need to pull the trailer.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
That is interesting BigG. That's something I'll put in my idea's box. Thanks.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Thanks Lil Foot, I like that second one that attaches above the bucket, looks simple. I just want to pull my log-splitter and a small trailer with split wood to the stacking shed.

PitViper

Equipment
B1750HSD, TG1860, 5’ box, 6’ grader, 6’ rake, pond scoop, PHD, boom pole, winch
Apr 28, 2020
Decatur TN
Thanks Lil Foot, I like that second one that attaches above the bucket, looks simple. I just want to pull my log-splitter and a small trailer with split wood to the stacking shed.
For that light of a load, could you just clamp a receiver tube to the bucket?

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
For that light of a load, could you just clamp a receiver tube to the bucket?
I have looked at different ways to do that, but I just can't figure a way to do it. I have a quick clamp on for the FEL from Titan, but it doesn't fit with the bucket teeth on the BH, also it would be backwards. I only need it a few times here and there and would like to put it on when needed and remove when not, but no easy solution has hit me yet.

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Not a BH-92 but on a BT600.
First you need a quick hitch for the backhoe, either make one, or I think BX expanded may have them.
Next, build a receiver adapter for the quickhitch.
Now, all you need is a hitch ball.
Assemble it all on your backhoe.
As an aside, that receiver on the backhoe makes an excellent attachment point for a boom pole.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
That's nice! Quick on, quick off.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Not a BH-92 but on a BT600.
First you need a quick hitch for the backhoe, either make one, or I think BX expanded may have them.
Next, build a receiver adapter for the quickhitch.
Now, all you need is a hitch ball.
Assemble it all on your backhoe.
As an aside, that receiver on the backhoe makes an excellent attachment point for a boom pole.
Nice, but I have a pin on bucket. With the small amount of changes I make, I can't justify the expense of the quick hitch.

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Change is tight here as well since I retired, but my time is worth next to nothing, so for an investment of time and a few chunks of steel I came up with that quick hitch. Total dollars, maybe $30.

PitViper

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
Decatur TN
i have looked at different ways to do that, but i just can't figure a way to do it. I have a quick clamp on for the fel from titan, but it doesn't fit with the bucket teeth on the bh, also it would be backwards. I only need it a few times here and there and would like to put it on when needed and remove when not, but no easy solution has hit me yet.
No welding required.

Attachments

PitViper

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
Decatur TN
I have that unit, but can't fit it over the teeth on the bucket. I'll try again but not much flat space or room on the BH bucket.
A plain old receiver tube and big ass C clamps should work.