Trailer anchoring a bx 2670

Bxmike

Equipment
Bx2670
Feb 11, 2017
ny
What are you guys anchoring your tractors to the trailer with . What part are you attaching to on the tractor. My brother inlaw runs a strap around the floor boards front and back then one over loader and brush hog. Doesn't seem friendly to the tractor or very safe. New trailer has stake pockets to hook too .
I have some 4 inch straps. While searching I have seen some hitch adapter plates on the tractors . That seems to put both rear anchors pretty close together. Ratcheting binders and chain makes sense but where to hook to the tractor.
Thanks for info.

Last edited:

Bxmike

Equipment
Bx2670
Feb 11, 2017
ny
I made some brackets to anchor the front. Build went well . Copied the idea off of a picture for store bought . Cut my rings from ar plate steele. Tested welds and integrity using portapower.. pretty impressive.took a lot to bend and eventually failed when ring bent beyond use . Welds held great. My rings are 1.25 diameter. Bolted on tractor perfect fit. Bolts will fait long before brackets do.

Got new trailer home last night parked tractor with loader on . Now working on trying to anchor to trailer. Stake pockets are about the only part I would care to anchor to. The hooks on the straps I have are to big to fit down through the pockets . Headed of to tractor supply.to find a way to anchor. Also looking at ordering reese stake pocket anchors. .

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I have hard points on my flat deck trailer corners and I use chains from the hard points to the FEL subframe in the front and back with tensioners. For a little tractor its overkill, but I don't have to worry.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Check your state rules. Some places require a min number or type like chain.

I use chain down low on the tractor....and a strap on the FEL and BH

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
I use 4-10,000lb ratchet straps for my BX25. They are quick and easy. No issues. Probably should use chains though.

Bxmike

Equipment
Bx2670
Feb 11, 2017
ny
2 trips out and homemade anchors are the cats ass. 4 10000lbs anchors one on each corner of tractor . 10000lbs straps over fel and another over brushhog.