Tractor stuck II

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That's funny you say that. The guy bringing me the dirt said the same thing, a backhoe should never get stuck.

Also I got stuck REAL bad this morning. In a mud hole. Back and front tires buried. After about 20 min I finally was able to lift the back tires , and turn with the hoe and keep working to get out. I felt like I was Pro! "aka lucky"

Thanks for the reply.:)

Neighbor brought over a 20,000lb backhoe to get pop a stump in my yard.

He got up close to the stump and I saw the ground roll like a wave :eek: yelled stop, but he didn't hear me.

Buried to the frame. I took over running the hoe, and picked the back end up. Put about a Rick of firewood under the back tires. Lifted the front end and did the same.

Then was able to lift the back end and shuck it sideways to get a straight shot to hard ground. He steered and controlled the brake and gears so it didn't run into the house. I ran the back hoe and dragged it out :D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Have not been stuck yet, but came close twice.
When I was doing my driveway project, a neighbor gave me some fill consisting 2" river rock, sand, & dirt. With the box blade on, I backed into a large pile to start spreading it, & when I pulled forward, the tractor immediately sank to the frame. (kinda like trying to drive out of a pit filled with 2" ball bearings) All four wheels (with diff lock) just spun, but I was able to walk it out using the front loader, one bucket curl at a time.
The second time, I was skidding a rock (about 1000lbs) up a 25-30 degree soft dirt slope when everything came to a stop & all 4 wheels spun, digging in about 3-4". I applied diff lock, and dug in another 3" or so. Investigation showed the skid was hung on a rock projecting about an inch out of the ground, so a little sledge work was called for, and I then walked right up.

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
There is a fine line between being stuck and having forward motion being temporarily impaired. :eek:

Honestly I wasn't stuck, I just was momentarily slowed down. :D