Tractor Ins

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
What are you guys doing for insurance on your tractors. I'm pretty sure my homeowner's covers theft but what about a roll over with cab damage. My machine never leaves my property.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I elected to get kubota's insurance (KTAC). It covers just about everything...other than damage due to an act of war.

I think some have found an "inland marine" policy that had pretty good coverage. I think there are a few forum members in the insurance biz that may shed some additional light on it.

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
I use KTAC on my 2016 B2650 Cab, FEL, snowblower, and rotary cutter. 509 bucks per year. 42.50 per month. I do snow blow neighbors, never trailer it.

In my head, my biggest risk area is breaking the glass in the cab, or busting the internal guts on the PTO on the rotary cutter.

The 250 deductible and 509 per year is way cheaper that either of those calamities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I am covered by my homeowners insurance for loss/theft or damage by fire, storm, or my own stupidity. The deductible is the same for any homeowner claim, that being said, I need to look to see if I can pull it under another policy such as auto so if I do a claim, I am not taking a big homeowner policy hit. I am covered on my property only. If I trailer it or drive it off, then I am on my own

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
I contacted my home insurance, and added my tractor as a "on my property", personal use only. Extra premium was not all that much ($20 or $40 a year). It covers liability as well, which is very important.
I'm also allowed to use the tractor "off property" as long as it is for personal use only (no money involved). That means I can help the neighbor clear his driveway (for free) if we have a heavy snowfall, and still be covered for liability. My broker said "I wish I was your neighbor..."

Always check with your insurance broker, as to what coverage you can get, for what specific situations. Commercial use is different of course, that will cost a lot more....