Tow Vehicle?? What do you tow your Kubota with??

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
WOW !!!!!!!!!

This thread has over 9000 views. That is a lot!!! I wonder if this is the most viewed thread here.
I feel good for starting it. :D:D:D:D

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Well it has been a year since any posts here. We need to see more trucks guys.:D:D

I will post some updates on my Dmax. Got some nice bling on it now but have a bunch more to go to get my haul ratings up. :D:D:D:D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well here it is 2 years later after the post and I went from borrowing the truck from dad to now being the owner of it! Haven't figured out how I got tricked into that deal but it does what I need it to and it beats walking. There are a few things I'd like to do to the old gal. First on the list is to get it painted one solid color white and would love to make it a dually. I want to do small things to make it my own and suite me.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Well here it is 2 years later after the post and I went from borrowing the truck from dad to now being the owner of it! Haven't figured out how I got tricked into that deal but it does what I need it to and it beats walking. There are a few things I'd like to do to the old gal. First on the list is to get it painted one solid color white and would love to make it a dually. I want to do small things to make it my own and suite me.

White is good; I wish mine was white. That is what I was originally looking for but no such luck for me.

You have some good iron to work with there. :D

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Still got the same old junk Captain.

Pictures take time and new trucks take money. I don't have enough of either to spare. :D

:D:D:D Well then maybe you need to sell something other than AMSOIL so you can have some money for a great new Chevy. :D:D:D LOL

Yea, I still have this truck. If I could find something better I would get it. :D

I don't hardly have time for pic stuff but I already have the pics, just gotta get the time to post up.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
:D:D:D Well then maybe you need to sell something other than AMSOIL so you can have some money for a great new Chevy. :D:D:D LOL

Yea, I still have this truck. If I could find something better I would get it. :D

I don't hardly have time for pic stuff but I already have the pics, just gotta get the time to post up.
Now Captain, I don't try to sell Amsoil. I just tell about my personal experience from it's use.

I use Amsoil so I don't have to buy a new truck.

Last but not least, I didn't know there was such a thing as a good Chevy. :D:D LOL

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I just had to yank your chain a little ol buddy. :D

Watch this and tell me how proud you are to be a GM owner. www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

All in fun. I enjoy a good laugh. :D

I have been sent that video a few times. One toyota luver on a boat site sent it to me too. There are some serious fact check errors there but in short, business goes where the money is. Since our govt blocked the bank loans to the mfgr's they got money how ever they could. Sad state of affairs here.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I started out with a topper for max capacity. It is an ARE color matched with doors and sliding windows on all four sides. I love how large it is inside. We hauled a jeep hard top for one of my brothers in it. All of it fit in there but very close and tight. :D

Then I had to get the badging right. The old style letters and badges just didn't do it for me so I used the late model style. The Duramax/Allison badge is the same but I moved it up on the hood like a late model truck. :D
The "3500" on the door kind of seems redundant to me. If one sees a dual rear wheel truck is sure aint a 2500 or 1500 and the 4500 is nothing like this so I think the 3500 is obvious. The only thing left to tell is "SILVERADO" so that is what I put on the door. :D
The bowtie on the tailgate is also from a late model truck.

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Nice ride Captain. Just curious, how does it do on fuel? I've heard some say good and some say bad but never any numbers.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Then I needed running boards. I wanted something that little feet could not slip through so bars were out. The flashy polished stainless look was appealing but Putco could not come through with a decent mounting system for their Master Boss boards so that was out. I didn't want the bumper to bumper fiberglass boards so I finally found these wheel to wheel bed and cab boards that were perfect. Getting them color matched was a major ordeal and they still are not perfect but I'm living with it for now. I might try again later to get a better match but there are some other mods that will be before that.
The mud flaps got paint too. I am also thinking of LED lights for the flaps.

I like how solid and cosmetically nice these boards are. Very aerodynamic and set at a perfect height. The step int the truck is very comfortable and the boards do not protrude below the frame. The mount system of these boards is very solid and easy to install, unlike some others.

Attachments

Last edited:

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Then I worked on the front end. That lame black on the top and bottom looked terrible on the bumper so I looked for a paintable design to dress the truck up. I could not find, at the time, a nicely designed bumper set and accidently stumbled across the all chrome pieces. I didn't think all chrome was even possible but when I found them it just popped. The solid chrome bumper looks modern and proper to me. That black stuff just looked cheap. :(
Then I was set to chrome the whole front end but I wasn't sure what would work for the grille. That turned into a long search. Nothing seemed to look just right. The modern designs kept me looking for a way of making it look custom but late model. I wound up with a blended idea of big truck vertical and chrome.
I got the billet bowtie off ebay as a rear tailgate part but I liked the large bold look and it seemed the perfect thing to complete the grille. The new modern look is all about "bold" so this large bowtie on a big vertical grille like a big rig is "bold" enough for me. :D:D:D The chrome bug shield just finished it off big.

Next is bigger wheels, tires and brakes so I can get the chassis rating of the late model truck of 23,000 lbs tow.

Attachments

Last edited:

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Nice ride Captain. Just curious, how does it do on fuel? I've heard some say good and some say bad but never any numbers.

Thanks.
In comparison to my 07 2500 Suburban with 3:73 gears this Duramax, with 3:73 gears, is a compact car regarding mileage. I towed with the Burb and the mileage dropped by a little more than 5 mpg :eek: :eek:. Towing much more than that with this 3500 diesel the mileage only dropped by slightly more than 1 mpg :) ;). I love diesel now. In the past I would never consider it but the fuel delivery technology has revolutionized diesel and I love the results now. I am also looking for a diesel family vehicle. :D

My numbers on this truck seem to run about 17 as best I can tell. The PO, previous owner, put two tire sizes up on this truck and that is currently where it is running so the dash calculator thing-a-bob doesn't read right..........shocking huh. The truck has an EGR but that is the only emission component on the truck, which is why I have this model; the last model of the new production engine with no exhaust emissions. Perfect! With the EGR deleted and a Banks tune on this engine I expect better numbers but that is in the future. The EGR is said to drop some mileage and almost any diesel tune other than factory will see a mpg improvement.

Some guys are running lower gears than 3:73 and for that they are claiming even better mileage than I see. The Dodge trucks with a low 3:?? something and two wheel drive are claiming upwards of 23 mpg.
Mine is 4x4 Allison long bed and crew cab with 3:73 and I may have to change to 4:10 when I do my wheel change over to 19.5".

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Thanks for the numbers Aquaforce. I've never really talked to anyone about how the Chevy trucks do on fuel. 17 doesn't sound bad on a truck like yours. My brother had a 02 Dodge 4x4 king cab 6 speed with 4:10 gears that got 27 mpg on the highway. I was amazed with how that truck did. Wish my Ford got that kind of milage.

Those are some nice mods on your truck. I bet it will look even better with the bigger wheels. On a side note that pic from the rear reminded me of a little fat bottom girl I used to know for some reason. LOL

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Bulldog you can buy a diesel programmer for your truck called Bullydog. A friend of mine had a 97 F350 with the 7.3L power stroke and his rig was on a lift kit turning a set of 38's and with his programmer he was able to get like 22 or 23mpg towing.

http://www.bullydog.com/

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Aquaforce all those purdy mods to the rig she sure is sum kinda purdy and nice. Its a shame to see a real truck go to waste and never see a hard days work. Kinda like a really big Cadillac with an 8ft trunk.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
That's the best milage I've ever heard out of a PS. I'm running a Edge programmer and it does make a difference. My trouble is making alot of short runs or even hauling off road on the farm. Throw 10 or 11 rolls of hay on the trailer and go from the field to the shed is a long slow 2 mile round trip. Not that I do that every day but you see where I'm going with it. I hardly ever haul anything on the interstate. Mostly all back roads or maybe a short run on the big road to get to another back road. It just doesn't get it's legs stretched out very much.