Touching base about my upcoming L185 return home

Tallbald

Nov 24, 2015
KY
Last fall/winter I shared a few photos of my vintage 1980(?) L185 I would be bringing home this spring for a refurb and retirement as a fun vehicle here in my suburban area. Hey. When folks ask me "what in the world are you going to do with THAT!?", I reply "Some men have vintage muscle cars, bass boats, Harleys and such. I will have a compact diesel tractor." Anyway, my father in law has my tractor and implements moved to the front of his shed for easy access. I photographed the serial number plate so maybe someone here can help more accurately date Orange Crush's manufacture date. Hope all my stuff will fit in one trip on my buddy's cattle trailer. Don

The photo below is me (the tall one), and my FIL standing over my old Carini(?) 5 foot finish mower. Paint is very faded now. It had to stay outside the 8 years it's been on loan, but I think I can return it to its previous look.

My wife, Miss Penny, snapped a casual photo of me sitting on Orange Crush, but things are partially obscured by my tractor wagon sideboards. I never realized how small my tractor looks with me atop it.

Last edited: