Torn between Grand 4060 and the John Deere 3720

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
A friend of mine has a good friend who is a dealer for both JD and Orange. In confidence to my friend, the dealer said the maintenance work and repair required on Kubota is much less than the JD coming to his shop.
My dealer also sells both Kubota and JD and when I first looked at them he told me JD is harder to get warranty from. He said when he deals with Kubota, the reps are genuinely interested in what can be done to improve the problem.

Marion

Equipment
Kubota L4060
Jul 5, 2011
Oklahoma City
I flipped flopped around like a bad politician, but bit the bullet and bought the l4060 with the 805 fel w/ quick bucket, 6ft 3 point finish mower....Im happier than a run away slave.

adventure bob

Equipment
l6060
Nov 6, 2013
Colorado Springs
Bought a 4060 after driving the deere. Kub felt less plastic/sheap inside the cab and was several $K cheaper. While I really like the yanmar motors, the rest of the JD wasn't doing it for me. I have put 50 hours on mine since Dec and love it. I let you know how bad the regen is and the 50 hr service.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
I have been using Kubota products for 23 years. I have them all in rental service. I'm sure JD makes a good product but I'm scared to try them based on my results with Kubota. Anything that will stand up to just any John, Dick and Harry using them on a daily basis is hard to leave. For what it's worth, in my opinion when you leave Kubota, you are going down hill. My experience has been that Kubota equipment doesn't often break, it takes some Ahole abusing it to break it. In all these years, I have never had a major engine or transmission repair. Whether you buy Kubota or JD, You should do it while there are still machines available with the old exhaust system.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I have been using Kubota products for 23 years. I have them all in rental service. I'm sure JD makes a good product but I'm scared to try them based on my results with Kubota. Anything that will stand up to just any John, Dick and Harry using them on a daily basis is hard to leave. For what it's worth, in my opinion when you leave Kubota, you are going down hill. My experience has been that Kubota equipment doesn't often break, it takes some Ahole abusing it to break it. In all these years, I have never had a major engine or transmission repair. Whether you buy Kubota or JD, You should do it while there are still machines available with the old exhaust system.
All of the rental places up in this part of the country rent Kubotas. That does say something!

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
All of the rental places up in this part of the country rent Kubotas. That does say something!
I think you'll see that other manufactures are the cause of Kubota's success since a lot of them use kubota engines. Why just stop with the engine though, when you can get the same quality engineering in the entire product! :D

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
I'm a newbie Kubota tractor owner but I own equipment with their motors and have friends with 60 hp and under jd. I'd buy the Kubota. I wouldn't buy either with emissions on it. I finally put my brand loyalty aside I'm I'm happy with my little l3000dt. It's a nice unit. Plus jd is not really jd when it comes to the 75 hp and under tractors. Ya mar engines do not have a good rep in the farm or industrial world

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Every time I see something like that I want to rush out and buy a bunch more acreage to justify getting one! Nice looking rig!

Marion

Equipment
Kubota L4060
Jul 5, 2011
Oklahoma City
Every time I see something like that I want to rush out and buy a bunch more acreage to justify getting one! Nice looking rig!
I dont think I can justify it, with only 7 acres, It is a glorified lawn mower, the fel loader will sit 95% of the time. I sold my 8 year old b3030 with 294 hours and they have 0%...hard to pass up.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
It has to make you the envy of the neighborhood! You should find it easy to keep it busy...