Toothbar doesn’t fit. Poor customer service?

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
Hello.
I did wait until I heard back from the company before posting this.
Here is the tooth bar.

The toothbar will not slide on and the backbone is way off from being flush with the bucket.
There is a 3/4 of an inch gap in the back. Where the front is cocked down.

Here is the reason I believe it is not fitting.

Here is the picture I took off the website page I purchased it from.

You can clearly see where the issue is. One shank is straight where it lines up with the top of the cutting edge and one is not.

Here you can see the poor fit where the tooth bar will not slide all the way on.

I checked it out and it looks like I would have to remove a lot of material to get the tooth bar to slide on all the way and the backbone to sit flush with the bucket.

I am pretty frustrated that I didn’t receive a item like pictured and that “most likely I can’t return it but if I could I would have to pay return shipping”. According to the company who sold it.

I called the company to purchase a WR long tooth bar after being recommended WR long by a neighbor and the salesman recommended a toothbar that was manufactured by his own brothers company! Now wander he recommended his brothers company! Conflict of interest? I had no ideal he recommended his brothers company or I would of stuck with WR long.

I talked to the company who sold it while I was at work and after work I went to my neighbors house to look at his WR long toothbar and his was straight on the shank and didn’t bow down like the tooth bar I received every tho the company who sold it told me exactly the opposite.
They told me the WR long was identical to what I received even tho that is a lie. I seen it with my own eyes.

I have a Kubota L2501, LA525 loader with 66 inch bucket.

The company who sold me the tooth bar tried to blow me off, what should I do?

I double checked and I would have to remove a lot of material to make the tooth bar slide all the way on and to make the backbone sit flush. Way more material than I am comfortable with.

Now I am stuck with a $400 paper weight that I will have to hack up to make work which would be more work than building my own.

I figured since I received something different than the item I purchased and it did not fit the company would return it no question but they said most likely they won’t accept the return.

Please help!

Attachments

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
You do realize we can see that watermark on the photo you posted right?

Last edited:

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
Is that the company that sold this to you?
Yes but would you please remove the name from the text in your post please.
I am looking for advice and not to put a company***8217;s name out to bash.

No advice to help me? Just name dropping?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
I clamped the tooth bar to the bucket with the backbone level and it appears the issue is from poor manufacturing.
The notches in the shack for the cutting edge to recess into are terrible.
They are nowhere close to being straight.
If you put a straight edge on the bottom of the cutting edge the cuts are not straight. Almost like they were cut by hand.

Looks like I will need to straighten the cuts on the bottom of the shank and remove some of that dip I pictured to go over the weld.

Also on a side note, looks like I bent the lip on my bucket trying to pound this piece of junk on my bucket.

Looks like I should of built my own!

Last edited:

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Sounds like you can clean it up and make it work to bad they only put 6 teeth on a 66" tooth bar the ones we're using have 8 in that length but it'll probably work fine once you get it one there. I hope it was cheap.

esloser

Equipment
working on BX1870-1
Oct 30, 2015
Millville, NJ
Did you reach out to Travis? I can’t believe he would take that approach of not making it right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
Did you reach out to Travis? I can’t believe he would take that approach of not making it right.

I talked to rick and at first he said that I could grind on the tooth bar or my bucket until it will fit and that was my only option.

When I asked him to please exchange it for a WR long toothbar he told me that “most likely I can’t return it but IF I could I would have to pay return shipping” even though I never mentioned anything about return shipping.

He said there was a problem with my bucket and that if I exchanged it for a WR long tooth bar it also would not fit.

I just got back from my neighbors house to check if his WR long toothbar fit my tractor and it fit perfectly.

After checking both tooth bars side by side we came to the conclusion that it will not fit because of the dip down right were the weld is and poor quality cuts on the shanks where the cutting edge slides into.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I don't have a problem with you mentioning who you bought it from. That accomplishes two things-
1) Others may be able to direct you to someone else to talk to. I've always had a good impression about Travis, so I'd try reaching out to him. EA is a big company, all over the forums and FB pages. I would be real surprised at them not working to make this right.
2) It helps someone else to determine what will work, based on your experience. Your pain can save some for others.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you can't get a representative of the company to communicate with you reasonably to solve the problem, you hopefully used a credit card to make the purchase. At that point contest the purchase through them. The CC co. will get their attention, and results.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
If you can't get a representative of the company to communicate with you reasonably to solve the problem, you hopefully used a credit card to make the purchase. At that point contest the purchase through them. The CC co. will get their attention, and results.
This always works!

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
get your money back... dispute the charge on the CC....

then go over to BX expanded & get a toothbar that will fit & work for you for a lot less $$.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Looking at the picture I am guessing there was an issue with the laser when it cut those side pieces.

Alexvbugman

Equipment
Grand L3560HST Cab
Jan 29, 2017
Crown Point, Indiana
I was on the fence of which toothbar to buy for my L series, seeing what you posted will point me in another direction for sure. Customer service is everything. I'm leaning towards the Piranha.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
Update:
First off I would like to thank this forum and everyone for the help.

I just got off the phone with Travis and I wanted to explain about the excellent service he provided to rectify this situation.

Travis accepted the return and he provided a return shipping label at no cost to me.
Travis wrote up a ticket for a WR long tooth bar and discounted the price on the WR long tooth bar for the trouble.

Also Travis explained in a situation like this I would have to pay full price for the replacement and after they received the return I would get a refund for the return but Travis waved that and is instead trusting that I return the tooth bar.

I would like to apologize for my thread turning into a sh*t storm.
I would like to explain myself.
This is the first time I posted something like this and I did not want too.
I tried to hide the company name to prevent the fanboys from bashing me and the haters from bashing the company.
I should of been more straight forward.
I posted hoping to receive good information like:

Did anyone else have problems getting their tooth bar to fit?
Did the cutouts on the shank look like you’re tooth bar?
Do any L2501 owners have a tooth bar? Did it fit properly? What brand?

I should of asked these questions on the forum before ordering!

I sent the same photos to the company and spoke with them over the phone before posting this. I wanted to give them the opportunity to rectify the situation before posting and I am a little disappointed that I had to post this to get a solution and I believe if it wasn’t for this forum and the people who helped the outcome might of been different.

I will say that this situation is not going to prevent me from purchasing a wicked grapple in the future.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Thanks for the update. Without commenting on your initial interactions with the company, I was interested in the final outcome.
I have 2 implement purchases on the horizon, and I’m glad to hear they stepped up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

esloser

Equipment
working on BX1870-1
Oct 30, 2015
Millville, NJ
I wouldn’t have expected anything less from EA Attachments or Travis. I bought a box blade from them a couple of years back and wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again in the future.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Update:
First off I would like to thank this forum and everyone for the help.

Did anyone else have problems getting their tooth bar to fit?
Did the cutouts on the shank look like you’re tooth bar?
Do any L2501 owners have a tooth bar? Did it fit properly? What brand?

I will say that this situation is not going to prevent me from purchasing a wicked grapple in the future.
I ordered the Piranha Bar and love it. It was not a machine fit to the leading edge of the bucket. The tabs were not all perfect all with gaps of some amount. I hammered it on with a mallet and had to seat it a couple of times in the process of marking and drilling the mount holes. The final fit with the bolts is solid. It does not move a bit even though the tabs are not, like I said, machine fit. I bet the one they shipped you would have worked but it did not look as good as the stock photo by far.

My 55 Inch EA Wicked Root Rake Grapple shipped today! I am pumped! I placed the order August 21 and had it painted orange.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Glad you posted this, and glad it worked out for you. Travis sounds like a stand-up guy. Sometimes the only way to get these sort of situations resolved is a little nose tweak, and sometimes it takes a swift kick in the nether regions. (front or back, depending on the severity of the problem)
Often it takes a public posting like this to make the right people aware of the problem so it can be resolved & hopefully corrected for future customers.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I wouldn’t have expected anything less from EA Attachments or Travis. I bought a box blade from them a couple of years back and wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again in the future.

X2. Stand up company making good options for us all.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
So glad the great crew at EA made this right. Congrats Rdrett!

Last edited: