Tooth bar and wear bar on FEL bucket?

jlongjohn

Mar 25, 2017
PA
I recently purchased an L35 and the previous owner gave me a brand new Kubota wear bar, was pretty Orange for a few minutes after I installed it. Then I bought a bolt on tooth bar. I had to remove the wear bar to do that. My question is can you have both on at the same time? I don't like that the bucket lip is now the dirt ripper. I know the teeth are ripping but that lip still sees a lot of dirt and rock that fit between the teeth. Just looking for ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
A bolt on edge will only save the bottom of the bucket and give you a limited amount of edge protection. Much better than nothing at all but if you are really concerned about the wear you need the edge and weld hard surface in the bucket. Mainly between the cutting edge bolts is where most off your wear will happen. In high abrasive material like granite about the only way to head off wear is line the bucket with hard plate but I don't think you'll need to go that far.

Never used a tooth bar myself so don't have a opinion about those.

swampFOXX

Equipment
L4610
Nov 9, 2016
Princess Anne
I use a piranha bolt on tooth bar over the welded wear bar lip. It's easily removed to get back to a straight bucket edge. If that is what you mean

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk