Toolbox Hot Items

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
By the way…… virtually NONE of the tools and accessories I carry around in the toolbox and basket of my Twenty-Seven year old Kubota…. have ever been needed for the 1996 Tractor Itself…. It reliably keeps on keepin’ on… Doin’ whatever I want it to do.

They’ve been necessary for the implements and attachments which are much younger or brand-new even…! .. either adjusting, repairing,…or attaching/removing them.

The Tractor..…? OIl changes, greasing, tire-pressure checks, general servicing, etc…. ALL …occur back home at the shop …where all my Real Tools live…..and all that maintenance occurs on a completely expected, and scheduled basis. Absolutely Zero unexpected problems operating out in the field which would require any of these tools.
My tractor is the same age and I've had exactly the same experience. NEVER had to do a repair of any kind to the tractor itself (in the field), utterly reliable. I've had to replace shear pins on the rotary mower and that kind of thing to implements, but never the tractor. (y)

Reactions: 1 user

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
Other than suggestions already - Water, Ear plugs, a hat, tinted safety glasses, sleeves, sunscreen and a towel / cloth that is big enough to cover the black seat when when it's in direct sunlight. Doesn't take much for that seat to heat up and set your rear on fire.

I know, not really tools to work on the tractor, but things for operator comfort. You'll find more and more uses and be in the seat more than you know so might a well be safe and comfortable.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The original question was unclear, are the tools needed to carry on the tractor or in the shop for service. After three pages of suggestions it's obvious it has to be for the shop, or a trailer will be required each time the tractor is moved!! ;);)

mkohnen77

Equipment
L3302
Mar 2, 2023
The original question was unclear, are the tools needed to carry on the tractor or in the shop for service. After three pages of suggestions it's obvious it has to be for the shop, or a trailer will be required each time the tractor is moved!! ;);)
Original intent was on board toolbox. Now that I've seen all these replies I'm just gonna pull a snap on truck.

Lots of great ideas here. Really appreciate all the feedback.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
This is the perfect opportunity to get yourself all those tools and machinery you've always wanted but couldn't really justify! Plasma cutter, band saw, weirdest wrenches in the catalog,... :giggle:

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
This is the perfect opportunity to get yourself all those tools and machinery you've always wanted but couldn't really justify! Plasma cutter, band saw, weirdest wrenches in the catalog,... :giggle:
Don't forget the beer fridge for the shop :)

Dan

Topfin

Equipment
RTV1120D
Sep 9, 2021
Blue Ridge, GA
Hey everyone I'm new here and have a 3302 coming next week. I wondering what the must haves are for the toolbox. Is there a "common" wrench size or set of wrenches you recommend?
I thought about adding a tractor supply/similar tool kit but wanted to ask you all for ideas.

I did a search for tools/toolbox but didn't see anything relevant.

Thanks