Tiller size question

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
I have a 60"tiller that I use behind a large tractor, and I have some land about 90 miles away from the farm that I want to put some food plots on.

I don't want to haul a 7000 lb tractor that far, so my question is can I take the out side tines off and make this about a 50" tiller and use it behind my B7100?

Does anyone see any problems doing this? I don't want to buy a smaller tiller for the two times a year that I will be doing this.

mike

DocGP

Sep 17, 2014
SE TX
Shoot, put it on your little tractor and try it like it is. I bet it will work fine. If anything, take shallower bites.

Doc

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I have a 60"tiller that I use behind a large tractor ...
take the out side tines off and make this about a 50" tiller and use it behind my B7100?
That will work.

Shoot, put it on your little tractor and try it like it is. I bet it will work fine. If anything, take shallower bites.
That is the best approach!

The B-series tractors' tillers (I tend to focus on B6100s) I've read about are as wide as or wider than the tread width -- 60" or more. I believe some have a little trouble at 72", but they make it work.

Load the tires, and get lots of weight on the front end, then let 'er rip!

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
Thanks Guys, for the advise.

I think I will haul it over there as is and try it , but take the tools to remove the tines if needed. That way it should work one way or the other.

mike