Three point metal loop

Fredmeyer

Equipment
Kubota BX
Oct 9, 2015
New England
Hi,

I have a question about the purpose of the thin metal loop welded to the top link of the three point hitch on a bx1860. Any one know what its for?

Also, there are two metal eyelets bolted to the back of the tractor on both sides of the three point hitch. I am curious what these are for as well. Seems like they would be useful to securing the tractor to a trailer.

Thanks - I am new to three point hitches!

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
I have to use the loop on lmy top link to adjust the top link with a big screwdriver because the threads are messed up. As to the eyelets a picture would help could be the loops for the lower arms to hang on when using the mower.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Top link loop is probably for stowing top link when not needed. Where? I dont know.

Would need to see picture of eyelets. They may be for tie downs as you mentioned.

Last edited:

kbrothers

Equipment
b2150 HST loader/hoe
Dec 1, 2013
Ebensburg,Pa
I would think the loop on the first image is for holding / adjusting top link and second pic is where you would hook up chains to take side play out of three point ? Ken

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I agree with Ken. The loop on the link appears so you can adjust it using a screw driver. Wish mine had those as I have to grab a couple of open end wrenches. The frame tabs are lightweight but probably serve several uses.

Ray

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I think the eyelets are to carry the lower links when not needed for other uses.

Disconnect side links from lift arms, then pin to the eyelets.

Lift arms raise/lower as normal, but the lower links stay stationary.

Haven't found a need to use them yet....

bh115577

Equipment
2004 BX 2200, FEL, 60" MMM
Mar 5, 2015
Central NY
They call those eyelets holder plates. The operators manual says to use the holder plates to hold the lower links higher while mowing with mid mount mower and the three point arms aren't being used.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I think the eyelets are to carry the lower links when not needed for other uses.

Disconnect side links from lift arms, then pin to the eyelets.

Lift arms raise/lower as normal, but the lower links stay stationary.

Haven't found a need to use them yet....
That is correct. I once built a set of stabilizers that had to be able to articulate enough so that they could stay attached, but allow the arms to attach to those eyelets.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
On the frame tabs or loops, I've seen chains on/thru them holding a 3pt implement: like a rear mower. You can create a lower stop, once set you can repeatedly lower to a certain height every time.
I suppose you could do that with about any 3pt implement if you had a specific lower/bottom stop for certain projects.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK heres the skinny the plates on the top of the frame are for holding your 3pt arms in place when running the MMM as they raise and lower with the same linkage as the MMM..
Also the loop on top of your of yoru top link is there to help you adjust any 3 pt piece of equipment ,,changes the angle of attack on things like rear blad and how far the back end of a rear mounted mower will go up or down plows what ever you have back there,, and yes your little beasty will pull a small plow,,,

Just pull the pins out of the 3 point arms left the arm up and slip the pin through the hole on the plate snap in the clip and they are up and out of the way,, you have to do it for each arm,, pull the pin out of the top link and then put it back and snap it clip in place and hang it some place you wont loose it,,, DONT ASK how I know that :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
You can create a lower stop, once set you can repeatedly lower to a certain height every time.
Slim has identified a second use for the plates - a place to fasten what they call "stop chains," to limit the downward travel of the lower links to a pre-set height for a certain implement.

Good catch, Slim!:D

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I use the eyelets for chain supports that run to the "U" on the lift links lower ends so that the arms don't drop too low when I mow and so the rear blade doesn't dig excessively low when grading earth.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
i have attached a few images

thanks
As for the toplink, yes, just stick flat object into the welded on bar, for more leverage.

Interesting toplink there, are those 2 buttons in the tube rubber? Looks like they remove, to add oil for the threads...

I would also even that toplink out, there should be just as much thread sticking out each end, otherwise you are limiting the adjustment range, and if you unscrew one end, to a long length, you might strip it out...:D:D

jgvicke

Equipment
Kubota BX2370 with FEL, MMM, Bagger, Tiller, and Snow Blower
Dec 12, 2015
North Brookfield, MA, USA
Those lower holes are also for the BX series bagger. Because you can't freeze the rear arms, to keep the bagger at a constant position when moving the mower up and down, you have to move the links over to the static mount points.

It would be nice if Kubota had just made the rear arms where you can lock them in the up position like you can the deck.

The loop on the side of the top link lets you put anything through the hole to give you a lever when turning the link to adjust. As others have said you can use a screw driver, or I use the handle of the crescent wrench that I use on the stabilizers.

John Vickers

lairdg

Equipment
BX 25 FEL, BH, Snow Blower, Box Scraper
Oct 18, 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska
I noticed your top link is not adjusted evenly. Shouldn't the threaded rods have the same amount of thread on each end? It would allow more adjustment.

Fredmeyer

Equipment
Kubota BX
Oct 9, 2015
New England
thanks for the advice on evening out the top link. I could not get the top threads to budge...a little p-oil and they are moving again and its evened out!