Thread Type For B6000 Hydraulic Hoses?

JD Old Orange

Equipment
yard work
Oct 3, 2014
Ventura, California
So I am at my local hose repair business and I let him know that my 1/4 inch hoses are from a Kubota...that's when everything got slowed down...So he measured the threads at 18 threads per inch but my question is...are these threads NPT or Metric? He claimed that they were essentially impossible to tell the difference...I'm not so sure about that, so how do I tell the NPT from the Metric? Thank you.

mrmr56

Equipment
G4200, Z482, 3 G5200's
Jul 22, 2015
Waco, TX
My suggestion would be to find another hose shop if he can't glance at the fittings and recognize them for what they are. If you work with fittings on a daily basis, it is just like discerning the difference in white milk or chocolate milk. (retired hands on owner of a hydraulic tube and hose business)

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
My suggestion would be to find another hose shop if he can't glance at the fittings and recognize them for what they are. If you work with fittings on a daily basis, it is just like discerning the difference in white milk or chocolate milk. (retired hands on owner of a hydraulic tube and hose business)

^^^^
This too.

Hondarancher4435

Equipment
B8200
Oct 8, 2014
Pa
If they are on the tractor and not part of an attatchment my guess would be BSPP. This is a straight fitting if it's tapered it's probably BSPT older kubotas typically use British fittings

Hondarancher4435

Equipment
B8200
Oct 8, 2014
Pa
^^^^
This too.
It's not as easy as you may think I work on forklifts for a living and spend a lot of time in hydraulic shops they have trouble telling some fittings apart British and metric fittings. Anyone can tell what a jic,orb, pipe thread is but there's some oddball stuff that they rarely ever have to work with.

Typically if you tell the what brand and era machine it's off of a guy with some experience will know what you have

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Made thousands of hoses way back. In my neck of the woods the variety of machinery is vast from logging to mining and construction.
From what i have seen, kubota uses north american domestic type fittings.

Replaced every hose on L4610 a couple years ago, local hyd shop did them.