This is how I roll! (lawn roller)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Bigger pain in the ass trying to fill the drum with sand rather then water. You'd have to get the roller on its side stick a huge funnel in the hole then shovel ALOT of sand inside. Just quicker and easier with water, plus if you have to transport the roller on a trialer its extra weight you dont want on the trailer.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Man thats a roller and a half,,nice set up though,, but I dont think you woudl want to be useing that on the hills around here even the sheep have one set of legs shorter than the other,,, HI HOOOOooooo SILVER AWAYYYYyyyyyyy,, lol

GEP

Jun 16, 2010
Benton Harbor, Mi
Eddie,

http://midwaystructural.com/
Im not sure what they use the pipe for but they had a pile of 6'-7' "drops". I cant remember but I think they said they were from 25' pieces. I told them I was making a roller and the guy said he had just the stuff. He also commented that they have sold quite a few of them to people making rollers.

Eric, I just roll in the spring after a good rain.
I have fabricated a lawn roller from a 80 gal. water heater tank and filled with concrete. I wanted to make shure that it would not freeze in the winter in case i forget to drain the water. The old tank works well and does not dent and was cheap to build.
GEP