Thinking outside the box.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
As some already know. I use my tractor strictly for snow clearing. That being said I've only been out once so far this winter plowing snow and there's no snow on the ground here now at all.

Over the holidays I managed to get some time to myself in the shop so I fabricated a PTO guard for the rear PTO and while I was at that I decided to build a storage box up in the front where the weights would normally hang.

Well as I got going at it I decided to add a few other items to it such as cornering LED quad strobe lights, Stainless steel locking latch, Gas shock for the lid, Machined hinges with grease nipples and It was built out of 3/16th steel. I wanted the latch to the side of the unit for easy access. The bottom is complete as well and could act as a skid pan if need be. I also wanted to fabricate grill guards for the LED lights. It weighs in at almost 60 lbs.
There were a few challenges such as the grill guard and how I was going to integrate the box around that but I did it and I just got it installed so I figured Id show it to you.
I'll be doing a YouTube video of the complete build in a day or two on the thing.

NEW VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTI-qoXzqok

Last edited:

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Thats it........I'm moving to Bay Roberts,Newfoundland,Canada
next door to Wildfire for oh say 6 months with my tractor :D

I wish I had the mind of fabrication and the tools to do it with that you do.

You sir are the Master.

russbuckey

Equipment
L3400, FEL, Back hoe, landscape rake, back blade, 72" snowblower.
Nov 21, 2010
burlington Vt.
Sweet! What does it look like with the FEL down?
Is there leg room?
Could it be a Mother-in-law seat?
Wish I had your skill.
Nice job!
Russ

Wildfire

Equipment
very very nice. better than factory.
Louis
Thanks Louis. Glad you enjoyed seeing it.

Thats it........I'm moving to Bay Roberts,Newfoundland,Canada
next door to Wildfire for oh say 6 months with my tractor :D

I wish I had the mind of fabrication and the tools to do it with that you do.

You sir are the Master.
Come on up. Lots of room here. Bring the tractor. I still have plenty of ideas not tried yet ;) MASTER :eek: I'm not in my house :D Thanks again.

What no cup holder? And you call yourself a fabricator. Amazing job!
Darn. You know when I was doing this I was thinking to myself "What in the heck am I forgetting ". Now you tell me :eek: Thank you for your kind words and the laugh :D

Sweet! What does it look like with the FEL down?
Is there leg room?
Could it be a Mother-in-law seat?
Wish I had your skill.
Nice job!
Russ
Here's a photo. It's off about three inches down and with the front pushed up in the air It's about 1/4 inch. Mother in law seat:mad:. I'd have that in front of the blade

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Very nice. You inspire me to build more and better stuff !!! Not as nice as yours, my stuff tends towards more ugly. I love building stuff though. Thanks Paul. Don't ever stop posting your stuff.:D Dusty

Wildfire

Equipment
Very nice. You inspire me to build more and better stuff !!! Not as nice as yours, my stuff tends towards more ugly. I love building stuff though. Thanks Paul. Don't ever stop posting your stuff.:D Dusty
Thank you very much sir. In reality I think we all inspire one another just posting different things and getting ideas. That's what it's all about. No problem to see you enjoy shop time because of the great work your doing. I through a video together. I hope the sound works. Here's the link for those who would like to see it. Thank again Dusty for you very nice post. Paul

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTI-qoXzqok

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Outstanding as always,, But I do have one question,,,,,,, When in the hell do you find time to work at your real job???:D

Wildfire

Equipment
Outstanding as always,, But I do have one question,,,,,,, When in the hell do you find time to work at your real job???:D
Thank you my buddy. To tell the truth I work on it after hours and all weekends. I spent three days of my long weekend getting it to the point where I was ready to paint it then the rest was done in the evenings. I always said my day job is getting in the way of the things I really like to do but one has to pay the bills.

If you've ever looked at my Flickr photos of my collection. I did it all after hours and not one day was lost in shop time. It was allot of looooong hours though. Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

SpudHauler

Equipment
RTV 1100 CW-A
Sep 8, 2010
Canada
Another great job! Now Kubota USA will be jealous too!

By the way, what is the reason for the black rubber over the 4x4 emblem and the light?

I was waiting for the vid. Saw all your other ones, great work. I hear Hollywood calling.:D

Wildfire

Equipment
Another great job! Now Kubota USA will be jealous too!

By the way, what is the reason for the black rubber over the 4x4 emblem and the light?

I was waiting for the vid. Saw all your other ones, great work. I hear Hollywood calling.:D
Thanks! The black strip was put there just because I had some left over from a job I did some time ago and a buddy of mine was there when I started the assembly and I asked him "Do it look better with or without"? He said it makes it look complete with it there so I nailed it on. :D I think my buddy Ted was happy because I actually took his advise for once and that's a big deal to him because he owned the GM dealership and I worked for him for ten years :D

One of the guys on the other site put this photo up. Man I chuckled.

Here's the video on the build if you didn't see it, Thanks for posting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTI-qoXzqok

Attachments

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Wildfire, I must say, A++++, awesome job... HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

There is thinking outside the box & " THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX "... Your thoughts and ideas have always been super and on a whole different level of most others. Keep up the great work. I always look forward to your new posts.

Would love to come visit for a week or so just to carry your tools, watch and learn from the Master...

Dan

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire, I must say, A++++, awesome job... HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

There is thinking outside the box & " THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX "... Your thoughts and ideas have always been super and on a whole different level of most others. Keep up the great work. I always look forward to your new posts.

Would love to come visit for a week or so just to carry your tools, watch and learn from the Master...

Dan
Dan all I can say is WOW! Thank you for this. so many times I post and often wonder if there's any interest in this stuff but after reading the comments on here it is pleasing to know folks have enjoyed it.
When I get out in my shop and turn the tunes up on bust one never knows what will come out of it and this is one example of an item that did.

Thank you also for the birthday wish. If you were here now I'd give you a big chunk of birthday cake but seeing your not here I'll show it to you the cake I got here :D Thanks again sir. Made my day :)