Thinking of upgrading to a b2650

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I went to the dealer for some parts and after a winter were haveing 8 plus feet in the last month I'm starting to want a cab. I looked at the b2650 and the b3350 and all I need/want is the b2650. I have the bx25d and love it and I might just get the Curtis cab but when I called around for prices it's about 6k not installed ($4k hard panel cab, $500 heater, $200 lights $1400 for snowblower chute controls hyd and elect.) I don't know if I should trade in the bx25d I owe $7k on it and they could do $14-15k in trade with my snowblower.. A new b2650 goes for $29k including tax / kubota insurance /and this with a loader.. I found a used b2650 loader only with 275 hrs is $24-25k including tax / Kubota insurance. It's $6-7k more for a snowblower and $8-9k more for a backhoe. I think I would hold off on a backhoe . I probably will wait and payoff the bx25d and then go for b2650 but in the mean time put a cab on the bx. The Dealer says you don't really get your money back after you install it. I just don't know yet but I do know that sooner or later I'll get one with a cab.

Cal270

Equipment
4060 HSTC,LP1258,1672,1860,1672,ballast box,& HermanSupply fel snowplow
Jun 23, 2014
Mid-Michigan
I had a L3800 and looked into putting a cab on it. After looking into different cabs and cost ended up buying a L4060hstc this past spring.
Kubota has a great cab. My asthma is much better in a cab brush hogging, it's warm in the winter, and noise is greatly reduced.
It's -11 this am in MI and a heated cab is a plus if the tractor was being used!
There was the cost factor in the upgrade. I sold the 3800 on Craigs List and must have had 50 calls on it. It sold quickly and I think at a good price for both of us. Zero % interest offered by Kubota was a big plus on the purchase.
Overall very satisfied with the cab.
The East Coast certainly has had record snow fall. Good luck with it and be safe.
In mid-MI we have had maybe 15" of snow, well under our average.

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
I had a L3800 and looked into putting a cab on it. After looking into different cabs and cost ended up buying a L4060hstc this past spring.
Kubota has a great cab. My asthma is much better in a cab brush hogging, it's warm in the winter, and noise is greatly reduced.
It's -11 this am in MI and a heated cab is a plus if the tractor was being used!
There was the cost factor in the upgrade. I sold the 3800 on Craigs List and must have had 50 calls on it. It sold quickly and I think at a good price for both of us. Zero % interest offered by Kubota was a big plus on the purchase.
Overall very satisfied with the cab.
The East Coast certainly has had record snow fall. Good luck with it and be safe.
In mid-MI we have had maybe 15" of snow, well under our average.
what cal said. get a grand L. played with the Bs, never seemed like enough tractor to me (mostly weight I think). you can get the 3560 with cab and FEL for around 33-34 with HST and a cab. if it's in the budget I wouldn't hesitate. I have no idea on the snow blower other than you can get one.

either way goodluck on your future purchase. I wouldn't waste my money on an aftermarket, get one with a kubota cab either the B or the L.

Last edited:

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I might just suck it up and once I pay off the bx25d sell/trade it and look into the L series. I hate bugging dealers for quotes they seem bothered sometimes but there not cheap so I don't care I'm taking my time this time. I have spoke to 3 kubota dealers all of them have different ideas. I think this spring I'll start testing some bigger ones out. I'm just sick of the cold/snow :) None of the cab models will fit in my garage anyways 84.5 in the b2650 said that was the height but measures higher anyways so L 3560 looks nice

Last edited:

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
I might just suck it up and once I pay off the bx25d sell/trade it and look into the L series. I hate bugging dealers for quotes they seem bothered sometimes but there not cheap so I don't care I'm taking my time this time. I have spoke to 3 kubota dealers all of them have different ideas. I think this spring I'll start testing some bigger ones out. I'm just sick of the cold/snow :) None of the cab models will fit in my garage anyways 84.5 in the b2650 said that was the height but measures higher anyways so L 3560 looks nice
same here, and I've called the same dealer asking for the exact same quote under different names and gotten quotes that are as much as 2500$ difference.....this place only has 2 salesmen and that's 9 quotes (3 from one 6 from the other so far) I'd really be interested to know what the bottom line price is to them on this tractor.