Thinking of buying a "NEW" B2620 (used for one winter by the Naval Academy)

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
I need to make a commitment in 24 hrs. Here's the deal:

Kubota tractor with aftermarket Curtis cab and heater, Loader 50" with added hooks (never installed), 60" MMM (never installed) Brand new Turf tires Loaded, and slightly used front end plow 60".

Tractor has 40 hrs, Sold as "New" with Factory Waranty beginning with my purchase.

For $20,468

Should I go for it?

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
Re: Thinking of buying a "NEW" B2620 (used for one winter by the Naval Academy)

I'm still on the fence re: the purchase. My thought is that the cab is going to get in the way as much as be a welcome addition.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT

What does that whole package cost at a dealer? I think like $25k or more? You won't get financing but if you can afford it and its the machine you want, go for it. I know all those accessories add up, esp the mower and cab.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland

What does that whole package cost at a dealer? I think like $25k or more? You won't get financing but if you can afford it and its the machine you want, go for it. I know all those accessories add up, esp the mower and cab.

It is being offered by the dealer. Comes with 0% financing for 60 mos. as new. They had it out on a short term lease. It was never sold.

Ben S

Equipment
B2620 FEL MMM mcconell swingtrim
Jan 17, 2015
Holland

have the same one without the cab, with FEL and 60"MMM.
bought it with 45 hrs on it and am very pleased with it.
made FEL quick attach myself for changing easy between bucket and pallet forks.
attached a bucket level indicator on it.
cost me EUR 13.500.-- ex taxes in the Netherlands.

Attachments

Last edited:

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland

have the same one without the cab, with FEL and 60"MMM.
bought it with 45 hrs on it and am very pleased with it.
made FEL quick attach myself for changing easy between bucket and pallet forks.
attached a bucket level indicator on it.
cost me EUR 13.500.-- ex taxes in the Netherlands.

That's about $15050. I'd say you got a very good deal.

Ben S

Equipment
B2620 FEL MMM mcconell swingtrim
Jan 17, 2015
Holland

That's about $15050. I'd say you got a very good deal.
tax here is 21% so a little more EUR16355

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

I need to make a commitment in 24 hrs. Here's the deal:

Kubota tractor with aftermarket Curtis cab and heater, Loader 50" with added hooks (never installed), 60" MMM (never installed) Brand new Turf tires Loaded, and slightly used front end plow 60".

Tractor has 40 hrs, Sold as "New" with Factory Waranty beginning with my purchase.

For $20,468

Should I go for it?
I hope you jumped with both feet and a hand print!!!!:):)

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland

Just sold my BX2360. So, I am now the proud owner of a "NEW" B2620. I have to say, I think the B2620 is a sweet spot for me, almost as nimble as the Bx series with a little more strength for FEL and 3ph work.

I can't believe how much interest there was for the BX out there.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland

Congrats MX!
Thanks Kenny. They're welding on two grab hooks or i'd be contacting you. Your hooks were incredibly useful and well made.

Any grapple recommendations?

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland

Wow, funny how fast things can change. Upon reflection, inspection and digestion I reconsidered the B2620 and started looking closely at the B2601. I felt I was getting real close to pulling the trigger on the B2601 but started having a bad vibe at the local dealership. It was almost as if they had a certain arrogance that made me feel ambivalent about making the purchase.

Then it dawned on me that if I feel uncomfortable now, what would it be like if I had a problem with my machine down the road. I realize this is the crazy busy season for dealers but still decided to follow my gut and cancel the sale. They hadn't ordered anything for me so "No harm no foul"

I went down the road to my green dealership and had a good experience there.

I want to extend my warmest regards to the group and thank you all for the valuable advice and suggestions over the last year.

I have a couple of things left over from my BX that I will post in the classified. Thanks again for a really good time here!

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com

Wow, funny how fast things can change. Upon reflection, inspection and digestion I reconsidered the B2620 and started looking closely at the B2601. I felt I was getting real close to pulling the trigger on the B2601 but started having a bad vibe at the local dealership. It was almost as if they had a certain arrogance that made me feel ambivalent about making the purchase.

Then it dawned on me that if I feel uncomfortable now, what would it be like if I had a problem with my machine down the road. I realize this is the crazy busy season for dealers but still decided to follow my gut and cancel the sale. They hadn't ordered anything for me so "No harm no foul"

I went down the road to my green dealership and had a good experience there.

I want to extend my warmest regards to the group and thank you all for the valuable advice and suggestions over the last year.

I have a couple of things left over from my BX that I will post in the classified. Thanks again for a really good time here!
Wow congrats!

That story is usually the other way around...everybody complains that the JD's dealers are arrogant and unwilling to deal.