These dang TALL rops!

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
To eliminate this problem on my new BX2370, a condition I made as part of the deal was that they kept the tall ROPS that was on the BX2370, and I kept the one off of my BX2360.
I'm really surprised that they did that, they opened themselves up to legal liability if you roll your BX and you get hurt. I'm sure if Kubota found out about it they wouldn't be very happy with the dealer.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Can I see a show of hands on all who wish Kubota would have shortened the ROPS bar??? I know that right now I think I could choke an engineer!!
Not sure what the problem is. The ROPS kept the door from hitting your head.

:p

bradmond

Equipment
BX25D
Mar 14, 2015
SeaTac, Wa
With the seat turned around to use the backhoe, I think the ROPS needs to be that high. My garage door is only a couple inches lower than the ROPS and wish I didn't have to fold it each time. I considered lowering it but again, with the backhoe, I'm leaving it as is.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
I'm really surprised that they did that, they opened themselves up to legal liability if you roll your BX and you get hurt. I'm sure if Kubota found out about it they wouldn't be very happy with the dealer.
Ouch. I feel for you! 1st day with my BX2370 I bent up the door to the same building I had stored the old BX2000 in not even thinking about the tall rops.I was able to fix it w/o any $ out of pocket. Lucky I had another building with a taller door. So a few days later I didn't get it all the way up and bent it up backing out. I know why deer stands work now, we are all dumb animals and don't look up!

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Sorry this happened to you. Glad only pride is hurt...

I must say Thank You for posting those pictures. I was able to show my Lovely Wife-Poo and was immediately justified for wanting 10' door on my shop/man-cave 6 years ago :D

luketratts

Equipment
L2600DT FEL
Jul 26, 2016
Gold Coast, Australia
Its only a matter of time before this happens to me, I have 3m doors and I usually just open it high enough to walk in....I know one day for sure I will do this and drive out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Why do you think that ?
The roll bar was perfectly legal and legit on a BX2360, and the BX2370 is the very same unit, with a name change.
Also, I,m in Canada, the land of " we don,t sue everybody for anything. LOL

lilguy

Nov 7, 2011
Illinois
In 1985 I bought a l2250 and a b8200. Took them both off after wife launched one when it caught on a tree limb. Sold the l2250 last week with a ROPS back on. Landscaper going to remove it first thing when back at his shop. Gotta have them when new, fed law, or sold used if you want to protect yourself from liability.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Why do you think that ?
The roll bar was perfectly legal and legit on a BX2360, and the BX2370 is the very same unit, with a name change.
Also, I,m in Canada, the land of " we don,t sue everybody for anything. LOL
Because it isn't the original equipment that came on it, there must have been a reason for the change.

Southern Yankee

Equipment
L3301 HST, Front Loader. Land Pride Brush-Hog, Box Blade, and Quick Hitch
May 21, 2016
Wellston, Oklahoma
My wife has a garden under an old wooden crossbar swing. She uses metal hooks to hang plants from the old swing hooks. I was in there with my L3301 and a box blade to level the garden. ROP caught the plant hook. I guess we didn't really need that old crossbar.

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
I need mine about 3" shorter. Thinking of cutting it where the joint is. I will redrill and reweld the mounting pipe that the bolt goes thru. This will not affect the strength just the height. I am tired of the up and down to get into the shop. Time to get it right for me.:confused:

Treckerzeug

Equipment
Carraro tgf 7800 taijfun 4,5 t winch, trailer with crane, double bl saw
Apr 17, 2015
Bavaria South Germany
I need mine about 3" shorter. Thinking of cutting it where the joint is. I will redrill and reweld the mounting pipe that the bolt goes thru. This will not affect the strength just the height. I am tired of the up and down to get into the shop. Time to get it right for me.:confused:
Hi,

Thats what i did too.
If you roll over with the ROP down it ll certainly by far worse then having it 15 cm shorter
Regards
Robert

Attachments

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
Thanks for the info Robert....it's too late anyway as today the reflectors are junk....ha ha ..........I don't need no stinkin reflectors . A little welding tomorrow and I will be done with the lowering. I had a hard time drilling the new mounting holes. I need some good drill bits............:eek: Thanks, Pete