• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Just a little over a year and half ago I was working in a coned off area around my dump truck and skidloader trailer with signs up, and safety yellow on. I lowered 1 ramp on the trailer and had my head down untwisting the chain binder to losen the chain to unload the skidloader. I heard something dragging and coming towards me, it was a pick up truck dragging the line of cones. I turned to run out of the way and the passenger side of the pickup truck went up the ramp, causing it to go airbourne(nothing as cool or dramatic as the video above), landing on me and dragging me 10 feet. The driver didn't hit the brakes until 26 feet after running me over and that was more so cause of busting both tie rodes and not being able to steer..........A 16 year old driver, just got their license and didnt have to take a behind wheel test because of covid. 2 weeks for me in a stage 1 trauma center, 3 surgerys, and almost 2 years of not being able to return to my old job/position. All because of a distracted inexperienced driver.

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Looks like about 20ft high and at least 150ft. Thats impressive

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I saw that on the news tonight…..you think the 20 year old female driver might have been buried in their cell phone on Facebook?!?!

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Something similar happened in Belgium a couple of months ago: overpaid arrogant soccer prima ballerina with a much too powerful car was speeding and went straight over a roundabout, which launched him in the air and into a sports center, where kids had been playing basketball just a few minutes before...

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I saw that on the news tonight…..you think the 20 year old female driver might have been buried in their cell phone on Facebook?!?!
That's pretty typical. Almost getting sideswiped because someone has their nose in their phone is a daily occurrence for me.

A couple years back, I bounced a half full plastic water bottle off one ladies drivers side window. She had her nose in the phone and me halfway into the break down lane. I had been on the horn, but she was clueless. Finally rolled the window down and let fly with a water bottle to get her attention.

She got confrontational at a stop light. I told her she needed to keep her nose out of her phone while driving before she killed someone.

Reactions: 2 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
It doesn't excuse the driver, but the rollback was set up in the "passing" lane with no safety cones out. It's also questionable whether the lights were flashing.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
It doesn't excuse the driver, but the rollback was set up in the "passing" lane with no safety cones out. It's also questionable whether the lights were flashing.
It is good that he didn't set out cones, he may have been killed doing it.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
They weren't flashing after the car went over it 🙄🙄🙄 I believe the beacon lights on top of the bed were some of the debris we saw go flying

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Way to stick the landing. I give it a solid 8.5.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Just a little over a year and half ago I was working in a coned off area around my dump truck and skidloader trailer with signs up, and safety yellow on. I lowered 1 ramp on the trailer and had my head down untwisting the chain binder to losen the chain to unload the skidloader. I heard something dragging and coming towards me, it was a pick up truck dragging the line of cones. I turned to run out of the way and the passenger side of the pickup truck went up the ramp, causing it to go airbourne(nothing as cool or dramatic as the video above), landing on me and dragging me 10 feet. The driver didn't hit the brakes until 26 feet after running me over and that was more so cause of busting both tie rodes and not being able to steer..........A 16 year old driver, just got their license and didnt have to take a behind wheel test because of covid. 2 weeks for me in a stage 1 trauma center, 3 surgerys, and almost 2 years of not being able to return to my old job/position. All because of a distracted inexperienced driver.
Hope his insurance bought you the Fox run farm and some vacation money to boot.

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
The helicopter wasn't even landed at the truma center yet and what was left of my phone was ringing. The next morning when I was a bit more with it to check messages and voice mails. It was the kid's/parent's insurance. Wanting a statement, list of injuries, and wanting to know if I had cones, and signs out along with hi vis on........I knew right then and there I needed an attorney.........they knew I was shaken up so I probably would've forgotten key points on my statement, I didn't know my injuries but they wanted me to say what I only knew so they could go back and say " you said only this was broken, now x,y,z is too?" How low insurance is. It was a different story when my attorney returned their call and not me haha. There is no reasonable excuse to cause an accident hurt or kill someone but with my case or in the video case cones and or signs play a major factor for covering your backside. Cones and signs should've been tapered around the scene along with lights on the truck........having cops on scene I'm a bit shocked no one was ahead of a taper merging traffic. In my area a trailer or truck with a huge cushion buffer is placed before or in tapers to prevent situations like this. Seemed like a pretty poor set up on everyone's end........ granted a learned the hard way that you can do things to the book and $h!t still happens. It's just not someone else, their dad, son, or brother, or a different company in a different town, it can happen to you. The sad thing is even if the driver was on their phone or distracted they could go after the truck driver, or city with the excuse/reason of no cones out warning them. The sadder thing is they could possibly win. Luckily the controls on the truck are on the driverside or on a remote. If the driver was on the passenger side that would've been terrible.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The helicopter wasn't even landed at the truma center yet and what was left of my phone was ringing. The next morning when I was a bit more with it to check messages and voice mails. It was the kid's/parent's insurance. Wanting a statement, list of injuries, and wanting to know if I had cones, and signs out along with hi vis on........I knew right then and there I needed an attorney.........they knew I was shaken up so I probably would've forgotten key points on my statement, I didn't know my injuries but they wanted me to say what I only knew so they could go back and say " you said only this was broken, now x,y,z is too?" How low insurance is. It was a different story when my attorney returned their call and not me haha. There is no reasonable excuse to cause an accident hurt or kill someone but with my case or in the video case cones and or signs play a major factor for covering your backside. Cones and signs should've been tapered around the scene along with lights on the truck........having cops on scene I'm a bit shocked no one was ahead of a taper merging traffic. In my area a trailer or truck with a huge cushion buffer is placed before or in tapers to prevent situations like this. Seemed like a pretty poor set up on everyone's end........ granted a learned the hard way that you can do things to the book and $h!t still happens. It's just not someone else, their dad, son, or brother, or a different company in a different town, it can happen to you. The sad thing is even if the driver was on their phone or distracted they could go after the truck driver, or city with the excuse/reason of no cones out warning them. The sadder thing is they could possibly win. Luckily the controls on the truck are on the driverside or on a remote. If the driver was on the passenger side that would've been terrible.
I totally agree but at the same time I think it insane that a truck driver like that would stop his truck in the passing lane of a divided highway WITHOUT AT MINIMUM having a patrol car with flashing lights behind him.

Reactions: 1 user

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Hope his insurance bought you the Fox run farm and some vacation money to boot.
My wife and I worked long and hard for our hobby farm and bought it after we got married. Sadly right after we bought it, is when all this happened.......so I'm not really enjoying it and it's hard to keep it up with my limitations......it's even harder to pay for it being on workers comp instead of making foreman wages, over time pay, weekend insectives. So much for working towards your dream. Going on almost 2 years no settlement has been offered since I'm still healing and still having surgeries and not sure yet if I can return to my old position or do my job. The insurance was fast to throw a low, low, LOW number at me to keep me away but not that stupid. After that it was all games and the the " act of God excuse"........until they got the accident investigation report(crazy what drowns can measure and investigators can determine from paint scrapes, and tire marks)Thank God workman's comp is covering my bills and paying me while I heal but only 65% income. Since I'm going after the insurance. Whatever I get I need to reimburse worker's comp back. I'm not the sue type/easy money type person. We were all 16 at one time having the world by the tail, and I'm sure the parents had some sleepless nights......they atleast called my employer to check on me. I try to put myself or my son in the kids shoes. I feel like justice needs to be served though. Pain and suffering, lost wages along with current and future limitations I have, time I lost with the family being laid up or not being able to do certain things with them due to my limitations are all worth something. My biggest concern is I was young, in great health, making big money with long hours to live my lifestyle and dreams, now I have limitations and probably can't do what I use to.....or until I retire, so now what? Need to find a less paying job with 9-5 hours my body can handle? Something like this happens and most people think you can sue for a crazy amount and live the rich and famous lifestyle and never work again. Sadly in most cases between lawyer fees, and being smart having to set money off to the side to pay for future medical bills from the accident that occur over time or from extra stress on your body, and setting money aside because of taking a less paying less physical job you don't come out ahead at all. I might be lucky to be able to retin my buildings or build a smaller shop if we decide to stay here or if my body can handle it. I'm sure there's other people out there though who don't think, would take that money buy a mansion, fancy car, not want to work and 2 years later be flat broke. Out of all this it was a wake up call for me not to leave the house mad, and don't take the family for granted. At our work safety meetings we hear stories of this happening in another town, another company, it's not you, your son, husband or brother but it can be. I'm up and about, still walking, and enjoying life. Just hard leasons learned caused by someone not paying attention.

Last edited:

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
I totally agree but at the same time I think it insane that a truck driver like that would stop his truck in the passing lane of a divided highway WITHOUT AT MINIMUM having a patrol car with flashing lights behind him.
Yup totally agree. Very poor set up on everyones end to keep themselves and public safe.