Thanks for the help- L6060 grand on the way

Innrkid

Nov 22, 2016
Woodstock, Il USA
Just a quick thanks to all the participants on this forum. With this site as part of my research library and point of validation, I just negotiated the final deal on a grand 6060.

I ended up with the following.
Ind tires
FEL
72 grapple
3p606NT no till drill
3rd position and rear hydraulics
Quick hitch
Rear wiper
Top link hydraulics (no need for tilt)
Filled tires
Block heater
Rear working light
Air ride seat (old bones will like that)

As is the case with a lot of owner forums the real world experience, sharing of information, validation and debate is priceless. I feel like I got a good deal with over 10k in discounts as well as a good trade value on my L3130.

Just in time for tax season too!:p

Merry Christmas to all.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new setup, sure sounds like you got a great setup. I'll be curious how your tractor and no-till drill do. We recently sold ours as we no longer used it, but it was great for the first few years, bear to pull, but nice to have.

Innrkid

Nov 22, 2016
Woodstock, Il USA
Congratulations on your new setup, sure sounds like you got a great setup. I'll be curious how your tractor and no-till drill do. We recently sold ours as we no longer used it, but it was great for the first few years, bear to pull, but nice to have.
Part of the reason I upgraded (beyond minimum required) was to pull the no till. I am assuming that with the features of the 6060 it should be fine. The rest of the reasons were age (cab and air ride seat), tax benefit, transmission and....power. I needed more for other work.
Did you have the same drill planter? Did you replace what you had or shift to a different strategy?

Thanks

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Part of the reason I upgraded (beyond minimum required) was to pull the no till. I am assuming that with the features of the 6060 it should be fine. The rest of the reasons were age (cab and air ride seat), tax benefit, transmission and....power. I needed more for other work.
Did you have the same drill planter? Did you replace what you had or shift to a different strategy?

Thanks
We had a 10" Great Plains "No-Till" with a grass seed box, really nice unit we pulled with a Case CX80. MF375 or M8540. We sold it a couple of years ago as we no longer used it much and can rent one from our local conservation office.

Our CRP is in a state of flux right now, so it's hard to predict what to have. A special planter is needed for some of the seeds, so even with a "no-till", you may have to rent a different one.

For non CRP, a "no-till" is great.

Innrkid

Nov 22, 2016
Woodstock, Il USA
Update.
Since December to now has been a bit of a story. I declined the first tractor they provided in that they had it shipped from another dealer...and had more hours than I was willing to accept as well as paint damage.
Fast forward. The new factory fresh unit arrived a couple weeks ago and I picked it up last week.
So far, I really like it. Great power, air ride seat combined with cab is fantastic! I also picked up a Del Morino flail and wicked grapple. Drill planter should be delivered early next month.
A couple pictures from day 1.

Attachments

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Very nice setup indeed. We sold our planter some time ago as it's much better for us to rent one as needed, but they are nice if you have the money and storage space not to mention need.

BigO 6060

Equipment
L5030/ L6060
Apr 24, 2017
SC
I have a L6060 all but ready for pickup. The QH is the last piece of the puzzle. Which QH did you go with QH15 or QH20? Why? I have an older L5030 with the QH15 but my most used implements are going with the tractor so its a god time to start fresh with QH and implements.

ADK4WD

Jul 21, 2016
New Hampshire
You certainly picked the Cadillac of 60hp tractors! I've been looking at the L6060 for almost a year and comparing against other tractors from NH as well as the MX5800 at Kubota. The L60 is clearly better quality and especially regarding the 3 pt hitch and it's more powerful rear hydraulics (2990lbs vs. 2300 for MX).
You pay a high premium for that added quality but that saying "in time the price will be forgotten - the quality Never!". Even the L60's HST is superior to the MX... So why did I just put a deposit on the MX5800? For me, could not justify the additional cost relative to what I will be using my tractor for...even though I "really wanted the L60". I figure to only use my tractor in Spring and early Summer - some tilling of 6-7 acres of food plots and FEL work, road grading etc.
Since I'm just starting out in my "farming career" I needed implements: Discs, Box blade, spreader, cultipacker, drag harrow etc... = lots of $$. You are certain to have made the RIGHT choice --- hope I did too! I may still be dreaming of an L6060 - even while I'm riding along in my modest MX...

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
You certainly picked the Cadillac of 60hp tractors! I've been looking at the L6060 for almost a year and comparing against other tractors from NH as well as the MX5800 at Kubota. The L60 is clearly better quality and especially regarding the 3 pt hitch and it's more powerful rear hydraulics (2990lbs vs. 2300 for MX).
You pay a high premium for that added quality but that saying "in time the price will be forgotten - the quality Never!". Even the L60's HST is superior to the MX... So why did I just put a deposit on the MX5800? For me, could not justify the additional cost relative to what I will be using my tractor for...even though I "really wanted the L60". I figure to only use my tractor in Spring and early Summer - some tilling of 6-7 acres of food plots and FEL work, road grading etc.
Since I'm just starting out in my "farming career" I needed implements: Discs, Box blade, spreader, cultipacker, drag harrow etc... = lots of $$. You are certain to have made the RIGHT choice --- hope I did too! I may still be dreaming of an L6060 - even while I'm riding along in my modest MX...
For your uses,I would probably gone the same route. My tractors put in a lot of hours in hot Missouri summers surrounded by skeeters big as sparrows and my allergies are so bad I still wear a mask in a cab.

Swampcollie

Equipment
Mx5800, la1065 loader, rcf2772 mower, blade, disc
Aug 19, 2016
Sedalia, mot
I got an mx5800 last fall after going through the same debate. Like you i couldnt justify the price difference. No worry, you will be very happy with your mx. I know i am