TG1860 transmission

RM813

Equipment
BX25
Dec 12, 2017
Uniontown, Oh
I took my TG1860 to a mechanic to fix the tranny. He had the pump head machined and it's still not working right. Anyone know what to do?
Thanks

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Replace it.

Unless you have a repair person who has plenty of experience with that exact transmission....then pay him to fix it.

Have been into plenty of them myself and there have been times when I've put as much money into it (in the form of labor + parts) that it was cheaper to just replace the unit. But occasionally an owner is dead set on repairing as opposed to replacing.

When you said you had the pump head machined, what exactly was done? I guess I don't follow. Do you mean that the wear area of the HST rotating group was scored and subsequently machined smooth? If so....that's not the correct way. Why? Now the carefully designes clearance between the rotating group and the port block assembly is lengthened-which WILL cause issues. Besides, if that part is scored, it's junk and it's very likely that the clearance between the pistons and their bores are also loose which also causes problems.

Also....did ya put the check ball back in above the filter assembly? Hydrogear doesn't even tell you where it goes. Nor does Kubota since Kubota's manual is basically copies of the Hydrogear book. So if it falls out, you better know where it goes. If not back in the right spot, you'll have problems. BTDT.

RM813

Equipment
BX25
Dec 12, 2017
Uniontown, Oh
The guy doing the work never saw a check ball. Would you happen to be able to point me in the right direction? A pic or something?
Thanks

Handyman2078

Equipment
Tg1860
May 27, 2022
Farmington AR
The guy doing the work never saw a check ball. Would you happen to be able to point me in the right direction? A pic or something?
Thanks
I have a TG1860 (diesel) with transmission problems. I had the center section resurfaced by a machine shop which after reading above might not have been the best thing to do. Anyway, I put it all together and it will barely move forward or backward. Tried bleeding, but still no luck. I'm asking you guys on here because there's a place that looks like a ball bearing might go. I did not see one here during disassembly, but I'm wondering if this might be causing my issue? See the attached picture. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments