Texas

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Real bakeries are hard to find any more,, when ya find one,,,, man the smells are to die for :D

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
That was a cool article. It reminded me of when I was working as an apprentice baker before I went in the Army. I was in the apprentice program for about 16 or 18 months when I was given an assignment to decorate a very large wedding cake. I told my boss that I did not have the skill yet to decorate that cake but he was short handed and told me to do my best. As it turned out, my best wasn't good enough. We had to scrape all the frosting off the cake and save the frosting for another run of cakes. The funny part was that we mixed all the frosting in a big vat and it came out a really funky pink color. We had a special sale on cakes with that frosting. If I remember correctly, the boss called it the apprentice's mess sale. It took me a very long time to live that one down.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Never been to Victoria, but did spend a dime or two at the Round Rock Cafe and then at the Jail House Cafe in San Antonio. And yes I got to sit in the electric chair. That was an eery weird feeling; wondering how many folk were executed in that thing (if any). I don't know it's history.

The Round Rock Cafe had the biggest cinnamon rolls I've ever seen, I bought ONE, and ate on that sucker for almost a week. And I can down some cinnamon rolls. Delicious. Makes me want to make the 7 hour drive to go back.