Temp Gauge L35

jlongjohn

Mar 25, 2017
PA
My temp gauge never moves, I see two sensors listed. Is one for an idiot light and one for the gauge? Maybe I'll just buy both. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Instead of just replacing sensors test.
The sensor on the back of the head is the sensor for the temp gauge, the other sensor is part of the glow plug system.

Take the wire off the sensor on the back of the head and short it to the block and with the key on check the gauge if the gauge goes to full hot then you know it's a sensor issue, if it doesn't move then it can be many other things including a bad gauge. ;)

jlongjohn

Mar 25, 2017
PA
Awesome that's the info I needed, thanks Wolfman. Headed out to check now. My glow plugs also have some work that needs done. Previous owner put on a push button switch to run them, wanted to try and make it work like stock again.

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Glow plug controller died on mine a couple years ago. It was close to $100 for the oem part. The glow plugs worked again after that. It's under the plastic by the steering column on the right side.

jlongjohn

Mar 25, 2017
PA
So I dug in and found that the wiring harness on that side of the tractor is a ball of crap. Wires hanging stripped, stuff not connected. I need to look up a wiring diagram and get to fixing these wires. Just got this recently so I am still working out bugs.... finding some interesting nests.