Tapping into hydraulic block

northern hunter

Equipment
b7100hst-d
Mar 2, 2011
Becker, Mn
I looked through threads and couldn't find anything on tapping into the hydraulic block. Or am I wrong about the fact that you can tap into it? If not why is that even there? Its on a 95 B7100 hst.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I have seen blocks tapped on other brands like early farmall. But, that was on a small closed system with no need for priority or combined gearcases like kubota has. I can see in theory it would be nice to tap out a separate hyd circuit that could dump back into the top of the tranny case.

I have great doubts that the stock pump could keep up with the pressure drop and volume across the tapped blocks 2 separate circuits. I think that is why one single Hyd loop power beyond is always used.

Now cutting the main Hyd lines to enlarge (lengthen/adding another valve.etc) the oil circuit is commonly done. SDVic even has a video article on do so. find the link at the top under articles.

Just my opinion, don't think i'm wrong but could be mistaken!

Kytim

northern hunter

Equipment
b7100hst-d
Mar 2, 2011
Becker, Mn
That is were the block is located at is in the pressure line going to the hydrostatic drive motor! I tried to get pic uploaded but could not get it. That hydraulic block is right were you would splice the line!

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The oil from that block does not go to the hydrostat. ( it goes to the three point hitch valve) The only thing common between the hydrostatc transmission in your tractor and the hydraulic system is that they use the same oil.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I now see what you are referring to. go view SDVic's video of tapping hyd lines. it should answer your questions. that you can tap into.

kytim

northern hunter

Equipment
b7100hst-d
Mar 2, 2011
Becker, Mn
Vic doesnt show you how to tap into the junction block. Thats why I asked you folks for help. This forum is the best ! Learned so much in the last few weeks !

lahoyer

Equipment
B7100 and a bunch of attachments
Nov 12, 2010
Danbury,Wisconsin
For what it is worth, I made my own block. Used the cover off of the existing block as a template for bolt holes,used a flat piece of steel a little thicker than the cover I took off, and then drilled two holes to mate up with the two holes in the stationary part of the block, tapped them 1/2" NPT, surface ground the inside flat and bolted it up and hooked up my aux. hydraulics.

lahoyer

Equipment
B7100 and a bunch of attachments
Nov 12, 2010
Danbury,Wisconsin
I could take a pic of the block on the tractor but that's it. It's really simple to make. Just the block and 4 bolt holes and two for the lines. The one you take off has a port drilled/machined to allow flow through the block. The one you replace it with is basically an in/out situation. You do need to plumb this new block so that you end up with flow back through the port (open center valve). You need the hydraulics available to operate the 3 point.