SVL75-2 fault code E9101

jbihlman

Equipment
SVL75-2
Apr 1, 2023
Pennsylvania
630 hours or so on the machine, was running just fine one day and parked it. A few days later we start it and it has code E9101, red triangle with exclamation point, and shuts the engine off by itself after 1 minute. The only thing I find for this code is "Fuel or rail pressure system" with no clear solution. I took off the fuel water separator and completely cleaned out all the gunk. I installed a brand new fuel filter. Installed a new fuel pump part # RD411-51353. I took off and blew through all the fuel lines in and around the pump, filter, and water/fuel separator. Blew through the metal 90deg elbows that are on the aluminum cap of the water/fuel separator as I read the elbows can clog easily but they seemed fine.

I lifted the cab today to look for anything obvious. I pulled off the small tube running to the tank (I think it's a return line), pulled off the other end and blew through it and it was clear. A guy recommended trying to run it with the fuel cap removed to see if it is a venting problem but that made no difference.

Unfortunately the E9101 still exists, engine starts just fine and runs for 1 minute then automatically shuts itself off. It starts and runs great (no stuttering, nothing weird sounding) for exactly 1 minute, still shows the code, and shuts off. Any clues on what else to check or replace?

Also once fixed, will these clear the code by themselves, is there a method to clear the code that doesn't involve a trip to the dealer or a diagnostic tool hooked up? Thanks for any tips or guidance.