Super UDT question

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My tractor came with Super UDT from the factory (2004). My 5 gallon bucket is getting low, and now I see that they are selling Super UDT2.. What is the difference? thanks

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
I do not know the chemical makeup or additive diffrence.
From my understanding the super udt2 will work fine to replace or add to what you have. It will just have more protection that the super udt and might make it run quieter. From what I read the fluids can be intermixed. But its best to go up a grade then down a grade.

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Kubota Standard UDT is not synthetic, Kubota Super UDT2 is synthetic.
Believe they are compatible.

Azmu

Equipment
Kubota l1802dt M, Bolgar MB-5 Motoblock.
Mar 3, 2019
Bulgaria
hi ^_^ i have a little question about the UDT oils to, :rolleyes: What color are they suppose to be???? Also id like to know what index they are ( SAE W???? ?w? ) so i can pick a replacement for them (will Sae 10W30 be a right choice??).

Last edited:

Azmu

Equipment
Mar 3, 2019
Bulgaria
Thanks for the quick reply, but that is the problem - there was the firs place i looked but they don't tell if its 10w30 Sae or not. I found a oil that should be a substitute and it says it is, but is it???? OMV austromatic LVX SAE 10W-30 (UTTO)

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Thanks for the quick reply, but that is the problem - there was the firs place i looked but they don't tell if its 10w30 Sae or not. I found a oil that should be a substitute and it says it is, but is it???? OMV austromatic LVX SAE 10W-30 (UTTO)
Why are you looking for a substitute?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Actually, that link does indeed specify the viscosity index with a chart at the bottom of the page.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I'll stick with the Chevron All Weather THF Synthetic and Lubrication Engineers Teflon synthetic grease. Been doing just fine for the last 10 years or so.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Orange....

I am gonna go out on a limb and say he cannot find SUDT2 in Bulgaria.

Hell - cant even get the stuff in Canada! Unless it is rebadged a different name.;)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Let me give you some unwanted fatherly advice. Tractors are expensive. Tractors are real expensive when they break. Spend the extra money and use what the manufacturer recommends.
Personally....

I think it is excellent advice! ;)

A HST system is a hellva lot more complicated that an engine oil system.
True, both lubricate and have all kinds of modifiers in them.

But big ORANGE might want something in theirs that big green does not need, or big red might have more of "X" ingredient than ORANGE needs...

Engine oil, where it is NOT all the same, is made for the same exact purpose of that particular type of engine.

HST systems could be inherently different depending on what the OEM's design criteria for that system.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Three comments.

One, engine oil and machine grease do different jobs than hydraulic fluid.

Two, as a practical matter it will be whatever your dealer has in stock. If you get a choice then go with the lower price, which should be SUDT2.

Three, AZMU, suggest that you check MOTOREX Farmer Poly 602, which supposedly is specified to Kubota SUDT. The SAE weight, example xxWyy, is not going to match Kubota hydraulic fluids. There are other characteristics for hydraulic fluid considered more important.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
hi ^_^ i have a little question about the UDT oils to, :rolleyes: What color are they suppose to be???? Also id like to know what index they are ( SAE W???? ?w? ) so i can pick a replacement for them (will Sae 10W30 be a right choice??).
I would think that even in bulgaria you should be able to find hydraulic fluid, no matter the brand name, that will state right on the label UDT compliant, that's all you would need to find.

And if your needing the fluid for a L1802DT then you really don't even have to worry about that, just about any hydraulic fluid will work, the old kubota's don't care as much. ;)

Last edited:

Azmu

Equipment
Mar 3, 2019
Bulgaria
It's because i need to change it. the old one is F*c*ed. Currently i can't find UDT (maybe i can get some but it will be a long process and probability at a price twice the real one) and so i need to use something that is compatible.

Actually, that link does indeed specify the viscosity index with a chart at the bottom of the page.
Yes. i phrased that wrong, sorry!! ^^" What i meant was that it does not say if it really is a 10w30 (75w80) or not. Just trying to see if the dealer is correct or just replays on auto for every question.

This is the oil i chose it says "Suitable for use in tractors conforming to the following specifications: Kubota UDT"

I changed the oil today but the problem persist. After few minutes of work the tree point that lifts the plow stops working, after some rest it starts again, but until it warms again. currently i'm waiting for a new hydraulic filter(it's said that it's reusable, but i'll change it anyway) to see if this changes something.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
After few minutes of work the tree point that lifts the plow stops working, after some rest it starts again, but until it warms again. currently i'm waiting for a new hydraulic filter(it's said that it's reusable, but i'll change it anyway) to see if this changes something.
Sounds like you either have air becoming entrained into the fluid, check all suction line connections and hoses for seeping leaks, or you have damaged three point cylinder seals.

And yes that is the right fluid.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
For Super UDT2 we've gotten local prices from $94.50-$108. per 5 gallon bucket.

Not bad considering the Chevron Synthetic THC is about $115.00 per pail from my jobber. Wonder if it's clear like the SUDT and UDT? One reason I went with the Chevron, it's orange of all strange things.

You'd think Kubota would spec their UDT's with some color other than hard to see clear.