Suction leak dectection , Tricks

Yoder

Dec 12, 2016
South East NC
Ok my L3830 has intermittent hard steering . I am trying to rule stuff out .
Like Pump or Controler . What is a good way to find the problem or do I just replace the rubber suction lines and hope .

Thanks for any info. new this year used Kubota owner

fuzzydawg

Equipment
L3400 HST
Oct 11, 2011
Bluffton, MO
I don't know if the hose layouts are similar, but I had a hydraulics problem with my L3400 that caused jerky steering and FEL operation. It was a split in the hydraulic suction hose - the hose is just forward of the brake pedals, and the leak is where it takes a right-angle bend coming up from the suction pipe. Apparently this is a common problem for Kubota. Got a replacement from Messicks and it fixed the problem immediately.

Don't know if that's your answer, but it's worth checking. Easy to check, easy to fix. Good luck!

Yoder

Dec 12, 2016
South East NC
I don't know if the hose layouts are similar, but I had a hydraulics problem with my L3400 that caused jerky steering and FEL operation. It was a split in the hydraulic suction hose - the hose is just forward of the brake pedals, and the leak is where it takes a right-angle bend coming up from the suction pipe. Apparently this is a common problem for Kubota. Got a replacement from Messicks and it fixed the problem immediately.

Don't know if that's your answer, but it's worth checking. Easy to check, easy to fix. Good luck!
Thanks. And yes my suction line is in the same location . I think I will inspect it today .