Stupid new guy question.

Guy JR

Oct 19, 2010
Gadshill Ontario Canada
Hey guys seems like a great forum you have here. So here goes the stupid new guy question. I just bought a Kubota L1801DT tractor and I would like to know what all the leavers do. Im new to tractors so take mercy on me.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers :cool:

First things first, Congratulations on your tractor and welcome to the OTT :D

Lastly, I don't know enough about your tractor to answer your question. But there are those that do and they will be along to give you the advice you seek.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
GUY JR see no stupid questions here never. See how quick Vic jumped in and gave you the answer thats whats great about the site. :DPeople with a lot of knowledge that will gladely share it. Welcome to site and sure you will love your kubota and the site. handy

Guy JR

Oct 19, 2010
Gadshill Ontario Canada
Thanks everyone expecialy Service Department Vic. Mine must have the creeper gear as it has the short sideways leaver on the transmission housing. I bought this tractor to fit down my trails in the bush and I think it is going to work great. I dont know what year it is 80-85?, buy it only has 550 hours with a loader and box scraper and is in good shape except for the front of the hood which took a hit from somthing. Which way is 4wd? foreward or backward. Will take a few pics. Thanks guys.

Hydroman

Sep 7, 2010
South Central Nebraska
SD VIC, Looks like it would have been a good time for a cold one and some contemplation over the new service request form for the shop. Hope all turned out OK.

Hydroman

P.S. Thanks to both you and Mr. K. for the best forums I've seen on the net..

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Those are these day's where you !feel! to be alive, with all the adrenalin in the blood! Hope you didn't got kicked.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
While you two were adding two lumps of sugar to your 'Kubota' coffee mugs and making small talk about that RTV, neither of you remembered to tell me the brake pedal linkages were disconnected, remember that?

Can you sell me a kubota mug?