Stump grinder on bx23?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
To cut out large stumps, you make multiple passes. Take the stump down as far as you like, and then reposition to continue to take more off. Unless you have a large professional stump grinder, it is going to take a while. I hire out my stump grinding, and it is a lot less expensive than buying a stump grinder and doing it myself. I do own a large chipper, but that is because I have a lot to chip, and I work slowly.

dvto2

Equipment
Bx23 and implements
Feb 26, 2019
east granby
I've just had 11 big pine trees taken down, so I have quite a few stumps. I haven't got a price yet, but I don't think it will be cheap.

Willie1

Equipment
BX2370
Apr 17, 2015
Bruceton Mills, WV
I have a Betsco SG24 on my BX2370. The BX handles it a lot better than I thought it would. Just have to take small bites and go slow. Also had to install rear hydraulics kit.

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
the WG-24 works great on a b2301,with patience!
follow the instructions, remember to raise the stand legs, pull the pivot pin and work right to left on the stump and GO SLOW.
also I got a wireless back-up camera from wal-mart $80.
not a very good camera and a small screen but I can tell how deep I am about to contact the stump that I can't see without the camera, useful. I mount the camera on the draw bar.
I cut mostly pine and cedar stumps, can't say how it will work with a bunch of large oaks?

Reactions: 1 user

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
Home made stump grinder was first made to work on a 3 pth .It was on MF 1655 with the 1000 rear pto .but my neck didn't like it so now it's working on the front of my BX . Works excellent and have removed 100S of stumps. Way nicer on the front.

Attachments