Stinger Boom with swivel ring

Txcowboy13

Equipment
L-4400 with LA 703 FEL, 6' Bushhog, disc, roll hipper
Jun 22, 2013
Nederland, Texas, US
I welded a short square tubing onto my bucket for the stinger to slip into. I was able to lift a double stack 2'x 12" beam 40' long into place on a 12' wall as a support beam. I also use the stinger for lift the roofing into place. I plan on making a one man basket to attach to this stinger for reaching high peaks. My wife will probably be the tractor operator. I'm glad she still loves me.

Attachments

Txcowboy13

Equipment
Jun 22, 2013
Nederland, Texas, US
Here's another side view of the welded tubing and the stinger in place. I have two hooks located on the top of my bucket that I intend on placing a hook on the stinger to attach a chain for additional support when lifting heavy things. I used this stinger to lay my 14' sheets of metal across and lift up on top of my rafters. The stinger will reach approx. 16'.

Attachments

Last edited:

Txcowboy13

Equipment
Jun 22, 2013
Nederland, Texas, US
I believe this stinger can reach approx. 20', here is a picture how I was able to lift the sheets over a 12' wall. My wife was on top pulling the sheet onto the rafters until I got up there to help set it in place.

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Stinger is a great idea. Plan a smaller version for my three point as a lift boom.
I mean no disrespect, but you mentioned a manlift basket. Dont do it. Unless you can get your hands on lock valves for the lift and bucket cylinders.
A hydraulic failure can be deadly.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
I like the idea and can think of many uses, but I don't think my L3800 could lift much weight at all that far out in front of the bucket.