Standard L Series Decision The L2501, 3301, 3901

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
I think you would be happier with the MX 4800, just my opinion. If you can wait a little, pay yourself that tractor note for a few months and put it down on what you would rather have.
I like the MX because if you get the gear transmission, your PTO does not disengage when you press the clutch. It's an aggravating thing having to restart the PTO every time you change direction. If HST, not a problem.
I have a L3200 and my 5 ft rotary cutter works good, but loads up my tractor if the grass is high. I just have to slow down.
I look at tractors as a long term investment. If you get one that satisfies your needs, you may not have to buy another one.
Your needs/ wants, Your money, Your choice. Take your time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ChrisInMiss

Nov 18, 2017
Madison, MS
Guys, I want to thank you all for the advice and information. I think at this time I will wait and save some more bucks and then buy a MX series, although I really don't want to wait. I can always rent if need be. Like I said, we still have our Massey and she still has some life in her. The place I thought was really muddy and bad, we were able to use the Massey to brush hog (in the south we say bush hog no matter what rotary cutter we use). The Massey handled it well and did not get stuck or struggle. Like I said before, our property has pretty steep hills, so I do want a larger tractor for stability and weight.

As I said earlier, thanks for all the advice and information. I really do appreciate it. This forum is great, so I believe I will hang around to gain knowledge and any rare case where i can offer input if needed

Thanks,
Chris