Stalling L245DT

brunswick000

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Feb 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Well it has really been some time since I last posted in this forum. My tractor (1979 L245DT) has been running great for quite some time. Last I used it was about a month ago. I was pushing dirt around the yard, not pushing much really. I was just letting it run for a bit while digging by had and it stalled. I hadn't fuelled up in a while so I just assumed it had run out of diesel. Today I attempted to start it and every time I try, it will start, run for a second or two and then stall. Even if I start it and apply full throttle, it runs just as long, but at full throttle. It seems to turn over ok, not hard or anything. I checked all the fluids, which seem fine. I just finished changing the cylinder head gasket last winter so Im really hoping it is not something big that will require a lot of tear down. It does need a rewire, but it has been working perfectly up until this point. I got lots of good advice from the members on this site when I did my head gasket so Im really hoping some of you will chime in with some thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

MikeL

Equipment
L185F L245DT L1200 L1700 L235 L4530B
Aug 29, 2012
Falls, PA
Very similar to a recent occurrence with my 245. The tractor stalled like it was out of diesel, would re-start and die right away. Swapped the fuel filter, bled the line, and bled the injectors and it is back running like a champ.
I have had this happen at least 3 times in the last 20 years even with using original Kubota filters.

brunswick000

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Feb 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
It was my guess that it was something to do with fuel delivery. Thanks so much for the quick reply. I will give it a shot and report back. Likely some time this week. I wasn't too pull the cab of too to get at the dash for rewire. Might be tough as it is sold steel. Not sure how I'm going to tackle that yet. Thanks again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2