Spring

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Daren, I saw an article about a guy who took an older school bus and buried it in a trench like farmers used to use for inslige storage. He took the glass out and replaced with metal and was buried about 2 feet. The original back door was modified to be the entrance. Looked like the old style storm cellar.

Plenty of room and not much cost to do yourself, but you need some space. But you could do the same with a 15 pass. van.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Cat, my wife saw the same article. A short bus would work :) I would love to get my hands on an old dynamite box. Can't find them any more ;)

Tallahassee, woods all gone now. It took out most of the trees in the back yard. I took down the last of the damaged ones last summer and burned them in the wood stove this winter. I'll post a pic when I get home of the yard now. There's about 8 oaks left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Here's the back yard now. Pine trees on the left have been removed to clear out a spot for a shed

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Tornado warning, heavy rain. Looks like another weekend gone by without being able to plant the garden.....running out of time....grrrrrrrrrrrr! :mad:
I feel your pain :rolleyes: grass is up to my knees, and two inches of rain yesterday. Yards soaked and won't be able to mow for another week. I lose track of my dachshund about 50 ft from the house. Gotta look for the grass waving and a little black tail sticking up to find him out there. It's hell trying to find him at night if he's on the hunt :rolleyes:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I feel your pain :rolleyes: ...It's hell trying to find him at night if he's on the hunt :rolleyes:
My black dog has gone deaf, and so at night calling for her doesn't work...and I can't see her. I need to find something I could activate on her collar to tell her she is being paged and should come for a treat. She is a good old dog and would come if she knew.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Darren maybe look at this im not sure what the cost is, but is out of the way and if you don't know its there you would never see it. A bit if a watch but I thought it pretty cool for 12 people but I figure you might get smaller ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65XzXhvB2jM&feature=player_detailpage#t=78
I could actually install that myself :D nice thing about working for a rental company is the employee discounts on heavy equipment :D I'll have to price one with and with out install :D

Just checked prices. we can get a concrete one installed for $3500. Gonna have to talk to the boss about it

https://tornadotoughshelters.com/st...-slope-front?gclid=CMqp99ubksUCFdgJgQodZgsAyw

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
DAYUM:eek: for that price the installation , clean up and every thing,,, I dont think I would do a thing but sit there and drink beer and watch,, That would make one swell root cellar too with a little mod or 2 or even for the zombie apocalypse lol

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Father in law had one installed last year. He said the same thing at first. Then started getting mold. He ended up running an extension cord in there to run a dehumidifier.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
yeah well ya need air in low on one end and air out high on da odder. Even if you would have to run a dehumidifier it still wouldn't be to bad

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Bugs! Ours are coming out here.

No-seeums start up bigtime when the saguaro flowers bloom in May. Can't even go outside without bug spray on. Gnats too. That is the one good thing about the high temps: A week of 100+ kills most of the flying insects.

Been an awesome year for flowers. Prolly be an awesome year for bugs too.

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Got the flower beds mulched yesterday. Gonna try to get most of the yard hayed again ;):) there's a couple inches of standing water on the lower section of the back yard. But at least I can get around the house and the hill.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
See there is some good things about living on a ridge,, no standing water,,:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
How true :rolleyes: my property is old cotton field. Dogs cornered a cotton mouth under the grandkids trampoline in the wet section. :eek: After a little discussion between the snake and the shotgun I ended up doing some rice paddy crawling to get the grass knocked down out there. A couple of spots I was pushing mud with the finish mower :rolleyes:

Did manage to get all the landscaping done though.

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Nice that some are starting to get outside and play. Started putting up my new (to me) 24/40 tarp shelter. Hoops and cross bars done. Just need a windy day to put up tarp. Flying lessons same day. Lol-thats how my luck works.

Daren, looks like you have a good sized yard.tractor is a must have.
My yard is about 9 acres.

Last edited: