sprayer

Texas1967

Apr 7, 2016
Houston, TX
Good morning all. I recently purchased a 2013 L3800, and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good liquid sprayer that could be used with my tractor. I'd prefer that it have both a wand and a ground sprayer bar and 25 - 30 gallons should be sufficient.

Thanks in advance!

Texas1967

Apr 7, 2016
Houston, TX
Thanks! I did find one priced reasonably at NT, but I'm always a bit leery of purchasing from there as most of their stuff seems like junk.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I just reconfigured my sprayer for a new tractor. I got a 25g sprayer tank from Tractor Supply that came with the pump and wand. Fabricated a 6' boom out of angle iron (light gauge) and drilled holes for 4 nozzles. The boom is bolted onto the loader, and tank is bungee corded in.
What I really like about my current setup, is that I rewired the power to include a wireless on/off switch that works great. Since my battery is up front it saved me from having to run heavy wire back to the seat to a manual switch and back up to the sprayer. Fimco (a sprayer or motor manufacturer) makes a wireless 20 amp switch purpose made for sprayers.

Attachments

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I have one of the Northern sprayers and it has been absolutely awesome. The pump is high quality and the tank is roto-molded HDPE you could probably jack you tractor up on. The spray bar is plastic but the wand sprayer is metal and I always wash everything out well with detergent when done. Used it a half dozen times over the last two years on my L3800, with the tank in the loader and the hand sprayer hose run back to the cab. I was planning to build up a spray rack using one of those 2' hitch racks mounted to a 3pt frame with a 2" receiver hitch.

I tried it in my Polaris Ranger and its actually easier to spray from there. Don't have to worry about running the loader through a fence. :) If you do spray around fences, raise your loader way up and out of the way.

Great tank though. I think it was the large ATV tank... 20 gal or so. Has the bungee bulges on the sides to strap it onto a rack. Pump runs at 70psi, tops off pressure and then stops until pressure drops.

Ray

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
X2 with Cave Creek, 25 gallons on an ATV. Two things though, I sprung for the folding bars and they are worth it. Second thing is getting the height adjusted right. I filled my tank half full and sprayed water on pavement to check the coverage pattern.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I have the Northern Tool 15 gallon ATV sprayer mounted to a cargo rack that I attach to my 3 point hitch. That sprayer has given me 3 years of service for fertilizer, insect control, watering newly planted trees, and spraying roundup along fencelines, without any problems. It is an awesome sprayer.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Armylifer, what product do you use to clean your tank when you switch from one spray chemical to the other?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Armylifer, what product do you use to clean your tank when you switch from one spray chemical to the other?
D2Cat, I just use water. I spray water through it for about 5 minutes before I put it away. I always spray through the wand as I am rinsing the tank with the drain plug removed.