Sprayer on 3pt hitch

RDinNHandAZ

Equipment
Kubota BX1870, FEL, BX5450 Snowblower, back blade, customized snow cab
I have a few apple trees and spray them with Kaolin Clay Powder mixed into water to drive off the Japanese beetles organically.
The 15 gallon sprayer was carried around in a small trailer but recently I decided it needed a dedicated frame for my BX’s 3pt hitch. I mounted the tank longitudinally so I can agitate the contents by heel and toe on the HST pedals. Everything but the pins came from two scrap metal frames that came as shipping brackets on my garage lift. 2 hours and done!
IMG_1465.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Much better than a trailer mounted sprayer. I did something similar after jacknifing (and cracking) the tank on my tow-behind. Being a part of the tractor makes it a lot easier to maneuver.

Mine has a short pair of arms with spray nozzles that fold down for use, and valving to choose between the nozzles and the gun.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I have a few apple trees and spray them with Kaolin Clay Powder mixed into water to drive off the Japanese beetles organically.
The 15 gallon sprayer was carried around in a small trailer but recently I decided it needed a dedicated frame for my BX’s 3pt hitch. I mounted the tank longitudinally so I can agitate the contents by heel and toe on the HST pedals. Everything but the pins came from two scrap metal frames that came as shipping brackets on my garage lift. 2 hours and done!
View attachment 106193
nicely done!
I do similar with a portable 3pt generator.
handy, easy, convenient all comes to mind.

Reactions: 1 user

RDinNHandAZ

Equipment
Kubota BX1870, FEL, BX5450 Snowblower, back blade, customized snow cab
So my great day with the sprayer turned lousy soon enough. I pulled out of the garage and drove over to the garden hose to put some water in the tank and connect the power cord. Then I switched the pump on....... nothing. I finally found a blown 5 amp fuse and replaced it with a 15 amp one........ still nothing but a blown 15 amp fuse! I finally traced it to the pump which apparently was not turning. Disassembly showed a rusted bearing seized up. Cyclo and pliers got it turning freely and I re-plumbed it like it was. Finally WATER SPRAY and water leaking through the motor and out of the pump housing. Must of froze and killed the pump. Fimco- $75, Amazon $55 for the identical replacement due here on the 5th. Damn disappointing afternoon.

• Sad

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
I have a 40 gal boom/hose sprayer combo that I roll around the shop on a furniture dolly for storage and out to the tractor for the quick hitch. My experience is trailers for most everything except bigger tasks are not as good as just carrying it. The sprayer boom flips open, turn the correct valve and I'm good to go. Hose/nozzle is great as the motor has a pressure cut off so you can just move around and intermittently spray.

Velma

Equipment
B2301, FDR1660, RB1560, SGC0554, Pats QH, CMP Dethatcher
May 12, 2022
MI
Nicer than my setup, I just threw the tank in the front bucket and put a sae end on the harness to hookup to the battery tender cord I keep on the battery. Simple…but it works.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Going one step lazier, came up with a quick and easy mount for the Kubota. Since the RFM is on almost full-time from sometime in March till the leaves are all down, I came up with a mount that consists of two drilled holes and a pair of eyebolts.

Cord with an inline switch goes in through the rear window and plugs into 12V outlet.

Attachments

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I do like Velma and throw my 15gal Femco spot sprayer in the front bucket.

OP, can you partially open the recirc valve and let the pump run to keep your stuff mixed? I guess this is what I occasionally see on apples from the store?