Splitting b7300 Anyone have any pointers

Damehomestead

Jun 3, 2020
Limerick
Morning all,

I have to split my b7300, a few days ago engine started knocking pretty good followed by a squeak which sounded to me like rod bearings being dry, however there was oil to the first line on the stick. I topped up and restarted with the same results within 2 or so min of runtime.

Tractor only has 633hours on the clock so unsure what has happened. I know it has a leaky front main seal and I’ve been on top of oil since noticing.

Never run down below safe levels.

My thought is I’m going to have to install new rod bearings so long as crank isn’t chewed up at all.

Does anyone have any pointers or insight on splitting this? Maybe some photos of yours?

Thanks in advance.

NorCalOrange

Equipment
B2150HST, Brush Hog, FEL, Post Hole Digger
Mar 24, 2019
Newcastle, Ca.
Are their other things you can check before splitting? Maybe oil pump or ?

Split my B2150hst last year. Never did it before. Not too difficult but time consuming for first timers or not having the ideal tools. Moved the front by rotating wheels. Wife rotating one wheel, me on the other. Your tractor is smaller and a lot lighter so should be easier...

Parts diagram:

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Google "B7300 Oil Leak" for pics. Its on a different site and not sure about posting the link.

Google "Splitting the Kubota part 1 (Output shaft seal replacement)" for vid of whats involved. Not your tractor but basically its the same thing. Remove everything that connects front half with back half.

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
I would pull the oil pan and check the connecting rods for play before I split the tractor.. could be a bad injector leaking causing pre ignition making it knock.. happened to my 7100

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
As BX tractor Joe said. There are a few things that will cause a diesel engine to knock that don't require a lot to fix. With only 600 hours, there is a better chance it's one of the other things. You might want to wait until some of the other gurus weigh in before you pull the split trigger. There is an amazing amount of knowledge available here.