Spewing Hydraulic Fluid

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
My B7200 seems to have a problem that I need some help identifying. "Betsy", my B7200 Kubota has a FEL and a rear blade on the 3-point hitch. The hydraulic fluid level appears at the correct level on the dipstick under the seat. Also under the seat there is a rubber plug with in groove in it that is a crankcase vent. The issue is that the hydraulic fluid spits and oozes out of this vent plug. This happens from time to time and more often when the 3-point arms are in the up position. I say from time to time because I can go for weeks or months without any problem then suddenly it starts spewing out again. then I refill the fluid so the tranny doesn't go dry. Today is Feb. 15th 2021 and I'm moving a lot of snow, here in Ontario, with the blade and today the spewing has begun again.
I have spoken to my Kubota dealer, head mechanic, and even he is baffled. Can anyone shed some light on this issue.
I have cleaned filters and screens regularly and the vent is obviously not block as the fluid flows out of it quite easily.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Stay Safe, Stay Warm, and above all Stay Happy.
Ron

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
My B7200 seems to have a problem that I need some help identifying. "Betsy", my B7200 Kubota has a FEL and a rear blade on the 3-point hitch. The hydraulic fluid level appears at the correct level on the dipstick under the seat. Also under the seat there is a rubber plug with in groove in it that is a crankcase vent. The issue is that the hydraulic fluid spits and oozes out of this vent plug. This happens from time to time and more often when the 3-point arms are in the up position. I say from time to time because I can go for weeks or months without any problem then suddenly it starts spewing out again. then I refill the fluid so the tranny doesn't go dry. Today is Feb. 15th 2021 and I'm moving a lot of snow, here in Ontario, with the blade and today the spewing has begun again.
I have spoken to my Kubota dealer, head mechanic, and even he is baffled. Can anyone shed some light on this issue.
I have cleaned filters and screens regularly and the vent is obviously not block as the fluid flows out of it quite easily.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Stay Safe, Stay Warm, and above all Stay Happy.
Ron
Does the fluid that comes out of the vent look foamy or contain a lot of air bubbles?

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
This happens from time to time and more often when the 3-point arms are in the up position.
3pt raising too high? 3pt lever may have an upper limit stop that needs adjustment. My B3650 will squeal if lever is full up, I just back it off a little.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Does the fluid that comes out of the vent look foamy or contain a lot of air bubbles?

Great question i7win7 ..... and to add more.......... is it hot as hell?

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
3pt raising too high? 3pt lever may have an upper limit stop that needs adjustment. My B3650 will squeal if lever is full up, I just back it off a little.
The fluid does not only spew when the arms are up. It also spews when I park and relieve pressure on attachments, i.e. buck is down and blade is down and engine has just been turned off the fluid still spews for a minute.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Water in the fluid, it happens with older equipment.
Also it might need the cover of the vent taken off and cleaned.