SOLVED: Loader raising slow all of a sudden

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Thanks for this explanation of the ball/pintle. Having just replaced the female quick coupler end on both of the hoses on that loop, does that suggest the male end might be the issue?
It appears the flow from cylinder back (female coupler side) to valve (male coupler) on the white loop might be blocked. Would that be consistence with the male coupler failing?
Check whether the ball/pintle can be pushed in more than flush, if they can there is your problem!

Reactions: 1 user

severtki

Equipment
B3300SU w/LA504
May 28, 2015
Ann Arbor, MI
I can see the grey cells are working full time (y)

FLOAT connects rod and base ends to tank allowing free oil flow to tank in both directions. Pressureized oil from the pump contines uninterrupted to power beyond - e.g the 3pt valve.

Contrast that to DOWN where tank is not used. Instead pressurized oil is diverted to rod end and pressurized return oil is sent to power beyond - e.g the 3pt valve.

Mull on that a bit and you may see a method in my madness. :eek:

Dan

PS - I suspect a coupler and the goal is to identify which one(s).
Test result success! With female coupler end detached from white hose, the loader did lift successfully, and fluid emptied into the bucket. Up and down bucket functioned, as did the float function. The white male coupler end also appeared to leak fluid during the down bucket operation.

To confirm it was the male coupler, I swapped the two 1/4 nipples (male end of quick coupler) between the white and blue hoses, and with that, moved the problem to the curl/uncurl function. So that's a definitive diagnosis. Ordered the $15 part from my dealer and should be back in business soon!!

[I'm also going to replace the hydraulic fluid and both filters, as the fluid shows signs of oxidation.]

Huge thanks to Dan for the careful diagnosis and walking me through the tutorial on how the whole system works. Learn something every day, right?

Reactions: 1 users

severtki

Equipment
B3300SU w/LA504
May 28, 2015
Ann Arbor, MI
Check whether the ball/pintle can be pushed in more than flush, if they can there is your problem!
Looking close, the pin on the male nipple is slightly off-center, and from the test (above), is definitively confirmed to be the culprit. Thanks for the help!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Test result success! With female coupler end detached from white hose, the loader did lift successfully, and fluid emptied into the bucket. Up and down bucket functioned, as did the float function. The white male coupler end also appeared to leak fluid during the down bucket operation.

To confirm it was the male coupler, I swapped the two 1/4 nipples (male end of quick coupler) between the white and blue hoses, and with that, moved the problem to the curl/uncurl function. So that's a definitive diagnosis. Ordered the $15 part from my dealer and should be back in business soon!!

[I'm also going to replace the hydraulic fluid and both filters, as the fluid shows signs of oxidation.]

Huge thanks to Dan for the careful diagnosis and walking me through the tutorial on how the whole system works. Learn something every day, right?
I learned something new as well - you can test a nipple by pinching it....

Dan

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I learned something new as well - you can test a nipple by pinching it....

Dan
Exercising the appropriate precautions, of course. Always want to check the appropriate assemblies.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Having just replaced the female quick coupler end on both of the hoses on that loop, does that suggest the male end might be the issue?
When replacing the couplers, especially for the loader, both male and female should be replaced. A failure or malfunction in one often causes damage to the other.
A lot of times, if you replace one and the system works ok, the other will fail shortly and here we go again.

severtki

Equipment
B3300SU w/LA504
May 28, 2015
Ann Arbor, MI
Final update: got the part in from the dealer (male coupler on the white hose), swapped it in, and I'm back in business! Took the opportunity to also replace the hydraulic fluid and both filters (HST and oil/suction).
Thanks to everyone here, especially Dan, for walking me through the diagnosis and fix. Glad it was simple in the end!!

Reactions: 5 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Final update: got the part in from the dealer (male coupler on the white hose), swapped it in, and I'm back in business! Took the opportunity to also replace the hydraulic fluid and both filters (HST and oil/suction).
Thanks to everyone here, especially Dan, for walking me through the diagnosis and fix. Glad it was simple in the end!!
Thanks for following up with what the resolution was. Glad you’ve got it fixed.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sniff sniff,,,, I just love a happy ending

• Haha