Snowblowing Video

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Great video. I love the different shots. Yup... with a driveway as long as yours, you gotta have a snow chucker! Looks like yours does the job.

Ray

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I could have used that here though lil orange pushed through with out a grunt, Where is north whitehall pa?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
NetMagi, looks like a Panda bear operating your machine! He sure likes playing in the snow.

Nice work. What would you do without a blower? Hire it done, or stay home?

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Very nice! A bit jealous as only had a couple inches at a time in my part of the world. Would love to have one nice snow to test out the new toy.

Glad the storm is wrapping up for you all.

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Bada$$, Nice to see what the little Bx's can do. With your forecast, I would of probably hit it half way thru, if not 3 times, not make a such pain in the but all at once.
Yup I did 3 times, and it made it good for the bx to blow. If I had waited for all 24+ inches to come I think the bx might have had some troubles.

Its a good little orange machine!

dmbe

Jan 29, 2015
Altoona, pa
I don't know how well you can see from the photo but I attached heavy plastic around 3 sides of the seating area. It keeps most of the snow from blowing back at me and makes a good windbreak.

Attachments

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I don't know how well you can see from the photo but I attached heavy plastic around 3 sides of the seating area. It keeps most of the snow from blowing back at me and makes a good windbreak.
I always thought the worst part was occasional getting caught in the snow plume from the blower, and your wind break should eliminate most of that. A full cab becomes nice when you have to blow in really cold temperatures, and 2 hours or more to clear the snow.

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
Just an FYI for those that are wondering (and who knows if anyone will even read this lol), as I mentioned in the tire chains thread, we got 26 inches at my house from Jonas, and the drifts were far larger. I have a BX2360 w/ BX2750D front blower.

I did not go out AT ALL during the storm, just waiting for Monday morning's sun. With chains and 4WD my BX was an unstoppable snow killing machine. Snow higher than the top of the blower? Raise the blower, eat up 10 feet or so, then back up and scrape down to pavement.

Crank up the RPMS and go!

Go Orange!

OrangeLivin

Pap

Equipment
BX2360 G1900
Feb 12, 2015
Middletown, pa
Here in Middletown, Pa we also got a little over 30" from the storm. I had thought about a snow blower for my BX2360 but we don't get much snow at a time here so I never bought one. I used my FEL and got it all done. Also did about five neighbors. It wasn't a piece on cake like it would have been with a blower but my BX and I got it done. Kubota makes an awsome machine.

NetMagi

Equipment
BX25D (sold), L2501HST w/BH77 Backhoe
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
NetMagi, looks like a Panda bear operating your machine! He sure likes playing in the snow.

Nice work. What would you do without a blower? Hire it done, or stay home?
I'd shovel it, ONCE, then go buy a blower :p

NetMagi

Equipment
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Bada$$, Nice to see what the little Bx's can do. With your forecast, I would of probably hit it half way thru, if not 3 times, not make a such pain in the but all at once.
I considered it, but as we never got more than ~10" at a time last yr, and it chewed it up so well, I kind of wanted to see how it would handle 2' or more of snow. Might have been underpowered with a bigger blower, but I had no problem with the BX5450 at full depth.

NetMagi

Equipment
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Just an FYI for those that are wondering (and who knows if anyone will even read this lol), as I mentioned in the tire chains thread, we got 26 inches at my house from Jonas, and the drifts were far larger. I have a BX2360 w/ BX2750D front blower.

I did not go out AT ALL during the storm, just waiting for Monday morning's sun. With chains and 4WD my BX was an unstoppable snow killing machine. Snow higher than the top of the blower? Raise the blower, eat up 10 feet or so, then back up and scrape down to pavement.

Crank up the RPMS and go!

Go Orange!

OrangeLivin

Completely agreed. . it's easy to discount the BX based on it's size, but it's still a HEAVY 4WD machine with a lot of torque.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
My neighbors can't believe how much snow my BX moves. If you look at those little front tires you would never assume I could push a freakin mountain of snow with the 3pt. Tons of weight for the size combined with more torque then the weight can give traction = Little bulldozer.