Snow Pusher

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Chim,
Did you go ahead and purchase that "dream" tractor w/ the factory cab ??

I do find that when my snow pusher is "full" w/ wet snow, the tractor tend to lose traction. You results are different ??

Last edited:

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
For the last few days I've only moved enough snow in paths to do our livestock chores. Reason is, it has snowed for something more than 60 strait hours.

It stopped at promptly 8 am this morning.. So I got out and got to work with my 50" FEL bucket and 50" pto snow blower.

My tractor has more than enough horse power, it is just a case of weight to keep traction. So a pusher as wide as many can use is no good to me.

That and the fact we got a full meter (40") of snow out of this storm.
Life in the far north bush isn't easy at times.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Chim,
Did you go ahead and purchase that "dream" tractor w/ the factory cab ??

I do find that when my snow pusher is "full" w/ wet snow, the tractor tend to lose traction. You results are different ??
Santa missed Christmas, and delivered it on Thursday. On another board I called the picture "Kubotae", thinking that it could be the Latin word for more than one Kubota:D When I get the L4240 set up for snow, the L3200 will go up for sale. The color in the left picture is the true color out in the daylight. Middle pic is at my BIL's new barn (with LED lighting). He said feel free to use it till I get something here to keep it out of the weather. It's only a little over 100 yards away going across the yards/meadows.

Third pic is the starting point for a plow setup like Wildfire/Paul built. It's an 8' Fisher that came with a used truck we bought for a foreman at work and has been sitting in the warehouse for years. I had to crawl through some stored material to get the picture. Did a double-take on the spring connections because they get compressed rather than stretched if the blade hits something. Then it finally dawned on me that the bottom 6 inches or so flips back instead of the whole blade flipping forward. I told the boss I'd get it out of the way for him. Ordered a blank 3/8" thick SSQA plate today that should arrive next week. Then I'll need to spend some quality time in the weld shop. The 4240 is a heavier tractor, but things could get interesting with the 8' blade.

The homebrew pusher has worked well on blacktop. Never tried it on gravel. The L3200 has loaded rear tires and I did the groove mod to all four tires. Already having thoughts on grooving the 4240's tires and designing easily removable wings for the plow. Fortunately, Wifey has no problem being married to a 69 year old kid.

Attachments

Last edited:

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Chim,
That is a fine looking machine. If 8 ft is too wide, you can angle and shed material.

As noted my 7 ft pusher causes the tractor to lose traction, straight pushers lack angle ability.

Did you say that front auxiliary hydraulics needs to be added? None showing in pics?

Again, you have found a tractor in great condition, should be fun doing plow modifications, even if you deprive yourself the pleasure of another cab build.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
..............Did you say that front auxiliary hydraulics needs to be added? None showing in pics?..................
The tractor does have the (factory?) hydraulic lines run to a bracket on the loader. The plan is to abandon most of the Fisher setup and use only the moldboard and its mountings. Then use the FEL for up and down.

The hydraulic work will be minimal, just between the factory connections on the tractor to the angling cylinders. At present the plow is still buried in the warehouse in another ZIP code.

Attachments

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
Santa missed Christmas, and delivered it on Thursday. On another board I called the picture "Kubotae", thinking that it could be the Latin word for more than one Kubota:D When I get the L4240 set up for snow, the L3200 will go up for sale. The color in the left picture is the true color out in the daylight. Middle pic is at my BIL's new barn (with LED lighting). He said feel free to use it till I get something here to keep it out of the weather. It's only a little over 100 yards away going across the yards/meadows.

Third pic is the starting point for a plow setup like Wildfire/Paul built. It's an 8' Fisher that came with a used truck we bought for a foreman at work and has been sitting in the warehouse for years. I had to crawl through some stored material to get the picture. Did a double-take on the spring connections because they get compressed rather than stretched if the blade hits something. Then it finally dawned on me that the bottom 6 inches or so flips back instead of the whole blade flipping forward. I told the boss I'd get it out of the way for him. Ordered a blank 3/8" thick SSQA plate today that should arrive next week. Then I'll need to spend some quality time in the weld shop. The 4240 is a heavier tractor, but things could get interesting with the 8' blade.

The homebrew pusher has worked well on blacktop. Never tried it on gravel. The L3200 has loaded rear tires and I did the groove mod to all four tires. Already having thoughts on grooving the 4240's tires and designing easily removable wings for the plow. Fortunately, Wifey has no problem being married to a 69 year old kid.
Nice new toy Chim! Keep it up buddy, I’m only 60 and you’re an inspiration and a great example to show the wife.:)
Looking forward to more pictures of the 4240.