snow blade attached to bucket

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Today was first day using tractor (L1801) to move snow.
FEL and blower.

I would like to attach a snow blade to the bucket.
Would make the job 10x easier. 3 passes of the driveway and done.
Quick adjust to change angle left to right.
Anyone build something like this already?

Had a pile of fun on the tractor today.
Ran into my truck which was on an axel stand, almost knocked the truck over.

Its going to be a fun Winter.
Hope to still be this entertained in 3 months.

Tractors are awesome!

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
This is the set-up I had on my B6200. I plan on using it on my B8200 with a couple of tweaks. You pull a pin and it tilts left to center to right.
3.jpg

Sorry it's not the best pic but I can take a better one later when it's mounted.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Looks terrific, just what I'm looking for.

Is it hard to remove the bucket?
Would prefer if it connected to the bucket.

Please send more pics/blue prints if you have them.

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
When I got my B8200 I had to change the mounts a little to fit. I tried it out but found my front end would come off the ground while plowing and I wasn't able to steer. This winter I plan on adding some front ballast and some sort of shoes to the plow so it doesn't dig into the gravel driveway. It's attached to the loader with the bucket pins. Takes about 10 minutes or so to change. Will post pics soon.

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Oh forgot to mention. The problem I see with mounting a angle plow to the bucket is that it's so far in front of the tractor. I've seen it done and am not sure it's worth it.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
I'd imagine it would stick out too far.

I've got a box scraper arriving this week.
I've read a thread where someone used his scraper to clean his driveway.

Is that an effective means of moving snow?

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I am kind of of the same mind Ds. I made a simple quick attach plate for my b8200. Made forks and a simple 5ft push blade. Takes 2 min to change. I put big skids on the bottom of the blade. The more you tilt it foward the more it digs in the more you tilt it back the less it digs in. Once you have the quick attach plate you just make everything else to fit. Now this works well for me. But it probably is not for everyone. Joe Kim has an angle blade on his 7510 and loves it. Wildfire has one on a much bigger Kubota and if he did not love it, it wouldn't be on there.:D Dusty

Attachments

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Wildfire has one on a much bigger Kubota and if he did not love it, it wouldn't be on there.:D Dusty
Good lord Dusty. You know me that well It's frightening :D Can't say I'm a big fan of a blade in a bucket combo but that's just me. I'm kinda weird like that and admit to it :)
The difference between plowing with a bucket and then going to an angle blade is night and day. The only time I use a bucket is just to relocate the snow after I got a pile of it pushed up.

When I did the fabrication work on my blade I posted it on here. Not sure if it's something your interested in BUT It might give you and idea or two.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1054

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
No I don't know you that well. I watched the vids of you using it. Maybe I should re-phrase that. If you didn"t love it you would modify it till you did.;) Dusty

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
I would like to add a blade off the front end and still have the bucket attached.
Not sure that there us enough room for both.
With a blower on the back I would be a snow moving monster!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Wildfire,, all I can say is DAYUM!!!!! you do better looking stuff just goofin off than I do tryin to make it look good,,lol

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dusty I see a red nosed white tail standing there next to the building,,, Just wonderin what kind of bow your using to stick them pesky critters?

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
[Dusty; i realy like your setup on that blade and quick change. that,s the cat,s ass for pulling snow away from doors ect. good thinking and work.
Louis

QUOTE=dusty-t;20494]I am kind of of the same mind Ds. I made a simple quick attach plate for my b8200. Made forks and a simple 5ft push blade. Takes 2 min to change. I put big skids on the bottom of the blade. The more you tilt it foward the more it digs in the more you tilt it back the less it digs in. Once you have the quick attach plate you just make everything else to fit. Now this works well for me. But it probably is not for everyone. Joe Kim has an angle blade on his 7510 and loves it. Wildfire has one on a much bigger Kubota and if he did not love it, it wouldn't be on there.:D Dusty[/QUOTE]

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks LRP. Skeets, wife wanted a lawn ornament, it is a TSC decoy. The only thing he gets stuck with are screws. It kept blowin over and losin legs and antlers and such, so I put the screws to him. Meanjean I can't remember if your tractor is 4x4 or not. I am just concerned that an angle blade on the bucket will push the front of the tractor sideways.:eek: Dusty

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Negative on the 4x4.

Eureka moment last night while pondering.
Attach blade at mid mount!!

Sheet metal as a belly plate to keep snow from working its way into the engine compartment.
Lots of places the secure the blade and ram arm.
Still use bucket and mower.

Hot damn I'm on to something!

Any thoughts?

Bellinghamster

Equipment
B7100 with FEL
Nov 25, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I had built a mid-mount 42" grader blade for my Wheel Horse lawn tractor a few years ago. It worked very well for what it was but had very little use since I got my B7100... even less after I build the boxblade! I'd tried moving snow one winter with it but found it to be more fun than actually effective. 3-4" of unpacked snow would plow OK. I'd push snow until the front wheels were getting lifted off the ground, then try to turn (?) off to the side of the driveway. Backing up meant having to get the front wheels back up and over the pile I'd just moved. I didn't have enough height under the lawn tractor to lift the blade off the ground more than about 2" which meant I couldn't really stop plowing . It made getting unstuck a real challenge, but that kept me warm while "playing" outside.

So fast forward a couple years to yesterday. It snowed 4-5" bringing back to the forefront of my brain that I should get around to building a proper plow. I've been (or should have been) keeping my eye out for a scrap waterheater tank to cut in half for the curved blade, but haven't got it yet so was thinking of a plywood or 2x10 quickie across the FEL bucket. Anyway, I got to looking at the grader tucked away in the shop... hmmm, looked close... so hauled it out, cranked the engine on the 'Bota to lift the bucket and shoved the blade and frame under the tractor... Couldn't believe it - it's a perfect fit. The blade tucks in between the loader bucket and the front wheels. I could lift it with a chain off the loader, plow snow with the blade, then lift the blade and hook it to the front tractor frame to keep it held up, freeing up the loader to use to pile snow without having to remove the blade. I'd just need to fab and weld on some simple mounting tabs to the loader subframe, add a chain attach point on the loader arms crossmember and a shackle hole to the top of the blade and I'm ready to go... but it was time to leave for Thanksgiving dinner at the in-laws.

It warmed up and rained all night and now the snow is gone. Now that I think more about it, a larger (taller, wider) blade with more curve to "curl" the snow is really the right thing, and that's not going to fit between the front wheels and the loader. I may still mount up the grader since it's so close and give it a try. The blade frame "telescopes" (tube in tube) to be able to set an angle and (hopefully) push to the side, although when angled it'll probably crash with the loader arm when the bucket is fully curled.

(The hinged sarifier toothbar is removable)

Attachments

Last edited: