Sluggish Reverse

mooredf

Equipment
B7100HST
May 20, 2013
Huntersville NC USA
B7100 HST, 760 Hours. Runs great foward but is sluggish while backing. I changed the fluid, filter, pulled the screens and cleaned them, didn't help. Any thoughts????

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
B7100 HST, 760 Hours. Runs great foward but is sluggish while backing. I changed the fluid, filter, pulled the screens and cleaned them, didn't help. Any thoughts????
Look on your Fwd/Rev pedal and see if there is a set bolt that limits how far you can push the pedal in reverse (the B6200 HST has one). The more it is unscrewed the faster you will go in reverse. If it has one maybe try and back it off a bit and see if that improves things.

mooredf

Equipment
B7100HST
May 20, 2013
Huntersville NC USA
Still having issues. Adjusting the set screw at the reverse end of the pedal did not very much difference. Has anyone ever had issues with the valve that the forward/reverse pedal operates? Is it possible to pull this valve without dismantling the tranny?

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Is your cruise control lever all the way back. If not it will make the reverse very slow. Been there done that a couple times.

mooredf

Equipment
B7100HST
May 20, 2013
Huntersville NC USA
Someone suggested that the pump has two pressure relief valves, one for forward and one for reverse. They felt that the reverse PRV is stuck in the open position cause the loss of power in reverse.

I cannot find these PRVs. Can anyone advise if my B7100 HST has these valves? And if so where they are hidden?

Many thanks.

Breeze

Equipment
L3700, Box Grader, 60" Bush Hog, Rear Grader Blade, York Rake, Boom Pole.
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
There's a thread over at TByNet on this issue. The guy bought the tractor with little or no reverse and discovered a piston that provided forward/neutral/reverse oil was not centering in neutral and blocking reverse flow. He was able to access the control valve and repair without major disassembly. Also covered in the thread is the that on his model Kubota, there's a lock nut and adjustment screw to adjust the piston, externally.

Oh, what the heck, I just went there and dug it up:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/272775-broken-hst-no-reverse-huge.html

Hope this helps.....